JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
53910_original.jpg

Pricey, yes. A great shooter, yes. A gun for everybody, no.

I had the opportunity to shoot one recently at a class with Ken Hackathorn. VERY nicely put together, and very smooth in operation. No grip safety and a slightly fat handle, but other than that, not much different than a 1911. I am on the fence about ordering one, not sure its the right gun for me. I train with and carry semi custom 1911's, and will not trust my life or my families lives to anything other than what I use daily. Of course, to each his own. I completely understand the sentiment of losing a $3K pistol to the police, although I have never talked to anybody that has been thru that. However, my own personal feelings are that my life and/or my families lives are worth the replacement cost, should it come to that. Of course, you may feel differently, and that's fine. It's like tires, knives, reloading presses, etc. There is something out there for everyone.

Seems Ryan Wilson is moving the company forward and we may see more new stuff in the coming years. I was and am very impressed and excited about this sort of change coming from a company like Wilson Combat. It is my humble opinion that Bill Wilson is getting set to leave his company in good hands...

Thats as good of reasoning as I've ever heard. Its why companies like G. Loomis can sell $450 fishing rods when an Ugly Stik is adequate.

Neat, I guess, but I'm not feeling it at that price point. Three grand buys a lot of guns, ammo, and accessories.
Neither am I - I prefer to shop carefully and buy 'key' guns or otherwise classic/collectibles that will either maintain their value or increase. I highly doubt a Wilson that starts at that price will be worth the same at the end of a day at the range and a quick check on Gunbroker reveals 490 Wilson guns for sale - with about 485 of them with zeros in the bid column.

Some of the responses... :rolleyes:

Do you own your stuff or does your stuff own you? You choose a gun to defend your life because it's a) the most reliable gun you own and b) you shoot it the best. Maybe that's a $500 Glock. Or maybe that's a $3000 Wilson. I happen to own both. However, my Wilson sits on my nightstand and gets carried often. And if the police want it after it gets done saving my life or the lives of my family, they can keep the damn thing for all I care...and it will still be the best $3000 I've ever spent.

p.s.

Spend a little time on the Wilson board over at the 1911 forum. There's certainly some safe queens but there are a whole lot of people carrying them.

Why carry that heavy thing when there are tons of lighter 9s out there? Why carry a 9 of that weight when there are 10s and 45s that weigh about the same?
Of course some spend money on expensive sport cars because they need some help in other areas:rolleyes:
My ego is OK,I don't need a gun that costs as much as I like to spend on a vehicle

It's an aluminum frame. If memory serves it's 28 ounces empty. As for 10's and 45's, we can debate caliber vs capacity until the cows come home...but that horse has been sufficiently beaten.

These guns aren't for everybody. Neither is a Snap On wrench when a Craftsman will turn the bolt just the same. Or a Porsche when a VW will get you there. Etc. Everyone has their things that they spend money on.

really? A bag of !@#@'s

Never seen one of those but I'm guessing that pistol looks a WHOLE lot better than that. :D
Think about when you open up a pack of hotdogs and they all fall over... enjoy!

I might consider buying one of these used, for the right price... neat looking pistol really.
I can't stand the shield, terrible grip on those... so I get what everyone is saying about it being a throw away.

Think about when you open up a pack of hotdogs and they all fall over... enjoy!

I might consider buying one of these used, for the right price... neat looking pistol really.
I can't stand the shield, terrible grip on those... so I get what everyone is saying about it being a throw away.

I like my new shield. :( Especially for the low low price of $225.00 :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads