JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't even involve myself in the conversation if it didn't greatly effect my gun rights. I do know the conversation is a waste of time and won't go anywhere but I am retired and choose what time to waste. :D

Psycho drugs were part of every school shooting now for decades. Prozac and Ritalin were the first key mind altering drugs that turned kids to killers. We know that and have known it for years yet we still have school shooters. Yet if you do a search on kids being on anti depression pills and doing school shootings the search will give you a fact check that says it's not true. I am not one to believe government propaganda when big pharma buys them off.

So no reason to go on as people will believe what they are told to. However with all the big hospitals and big pharma pushing drugs on kids to change the very way they see themselves this won't end well.

Have a great day gents.

LOL....

I wonder what the odds were......in order to have the Govt approve the Covid vaccine?

Whatever. Sucks......doesn't it? To have to rely on EXPERTS for a lot of things.

Aloha, Mark
Was hoping somebody saw the parallel. The covid vaccine situation investigation is for extra credit!

One person did something bad, possibly because of his medication, and that information is supposed to be useful why?

People are so stupid, I worry that some will stop drinking water if they here someone died from drinking too much.
That's the question. The information, however, is on the desks of the politicians almost before it happened, is the problem.

It's not like a dietary intolerance or some one guy dies from eating nuts, thereby spoiling it for everybody once nuts are banned.

I bring it up bc it's usually presented, politically, like it's a no-brainer that guns are the problem, and if not, then it was a crazy guy. Case 1: they call for gun control. Case 2: they tighten pharma around our necks a bit tighter... AND call for gun control.

With most Case 2 examples we ordinarily only get the Crazy guy, and the gun as data to work with. Notably absent is the pills the crazy guy was taking. I argue that it's not the mental illness that's to blame, but often enough the pills that exploit that person's situation.

So they say pot "amplifies" whatever it is you've got in your head. Maybe something like that. Speculation could go on....

Also though, presumed in your argument is that some thing is being "spolied" for the rest of us, when the only item that that could be, within this context, would be the pills. I argue, too, that the pills from big pharma are often deadly with or without firearms involved, so in that respect there's little to try to preserve.

Ultimately it's a divide & conquer approach, between the well vs the unwell among us, and tapering off of 2A rights for the latter category. It is a fight that should occur. My argument includes a portion (the pills) that ought to factor into any such analysis. Unfortunately that info is hard to come by.

From the same site.

Aims to show how Big Pharma has tied the hands of the FBI, or perhaps worse, directs them what to see and what not to, almost as though it were a collaborative effort btwn federal law enforcement and the Drug makers.

Some argue that the FBI is partisan. The linked article suggests a supportive viewpoint.

That's the question. The information, however, is on the desks of the politicians almost before it happened, is the problem.

It's not like a dietary intolerance or some one guy dies from eating nuts, thereby spoiling it for everybody once nuts are banned.

I bring it up bc it's usually presented, politically, like it's a no-brainer that guns are the problem, and if not, then it was a crazy guy. Case 1: they call for gun control. Case 2: they tighten pharma around our necks a bit tighter... AND call for gun control.

With most Case 2 examples we ordinarily only get the Crazy guy, and the gun as data to work with. Notably absent is the pills the crazy guy was taking. I argue that it's not the mental illness that's to blame, but often enough the pills that exploit that person's situation.

So they say pot "amplifies" whatever it is you've got in your head. Maybe something like that. Speculation could go on....

Also though, presumed in your argument is that some thing is being "spolied" for the rest of us, when the only item that that could be, within this context, would be the pills. I argue, too, that the pills from big pharma are often deadly with or without firearms involved, so in that respect there's little to try to preserve.

Ultimately it's a divide & conquer approach, between the well vs the unwell among us, and tapering off of 2A rights for the latter category. It is a fight that should occur. My argument includes a portion (the pills) that ought to factor into any such analysis. Unfortunately that info is hard to come by.
So, they the pharmaceutical giants have to be more forthcoming and transparent with all the effects of these wonderful psychotropic drugs they're peddling like Skittles…

The link between psycotropic meds and violent side effects need to be transparently explored. I dont know how much they cause violence, but its well documented many killers were on them. Charles Whitmen spoke with his doctors many times about his increasing violent tendancies and all they did was continue to prescribe him valium. At the very least, these meds arent helping these people be less violent or solving their problem.

Last Edited:
it is common knowledge, time even did a story on "killers and drugs" or something of that nature ( don't have the issue anymore)
that covered "most school shooting or mass shooting's" the person was on psychotropics of one sort or another
and stopped taking them leading to postotic episodes, many of the info sheets also talk about having episodes if they stop taking them cold.

Also though, presumed in your argument is that some thing is being "spolied" for the rest of us, when the only item that that could be, within this context, would be the pills.
I didn't make an argument, other than pointing out that utterly unique case of Adam Lanza has no application to pharma policy - despite the fact that the general public seems to have absolutely no common sense when it comes to the difference between an anecdote and a statistic.
The link between psycotropic meds and violent side effects need to be transparently explored. I dont know how much they cause violence, but its well documented many killers were on them. Charles Whitmen spoke with his doctors many times about his increasing violent tendancies and all they did was continue to prescribe him valium. At the very least, these meds arent helping these people be less violent or solving their problem.
What makes you think that isn't being "transparently explored". Do you think there are medical journals that are secret?

What makes you think that isn't being "transparently explored". Do you think there are medical journals that are secret?
I didnt say if it was or wasnt. I do know a lot of these killers have also been on these meds and that they can create violent tendencies as side effects.

I didnt say if it was or wasnt. I do know a lot of these killers have also been on these meds and that they can create violent tendencies as side effects.
You said it "needs to be explored", as if it wasn't.

People that are on the kind of meds you're talking about are already potentially dangerous. That's why they are on the meds. No one is receiving drugs for their tennis elbow that causes them to shoot up a synagogue.

Adam Lanza was autistic. Whether we polish that up with a congratulatory "Asperger's" or not, it is a major change in the way a human being relates to others and how their brains work. Autism is not generally associated with violence, but Lanza was by no means a "normal, healthy adult". He was a mentally disabled person that required medication to live even his mostly reclusive life, and in a stunningly surprising turn of events, he became one of the statistically rare spree killers that our 320 million population produces several times a year.

There isn't a mystery. Just probability and opportunity.

To everyone:
And yes, guns probably do have something to do with the prevalence of murder in the US. Let's stop pretending that being an armed populace capable of resisting the government has no downsides. That's one of the prices of liberty.

is it being explored?
Of course. The whole academic world runs on research grants for things that donors find important. The roots of violence is always of interest, and doing studies about the kind of people that end up in institutions and prison is relatively easy compared to private citizens. It is juicy, provocative research that pays.

it is common knowledge, time even did a story on "killers and drugs" or something of that nature ( don't have the issue anymore)
that covered "most school shooting or mass shooting's" the person was on psychotropics of one sort or another
and stopped taking them leading to postotic episodes, many of the info sheets also talk about having episodes if they stop taking them cold.
That's to the point. It's probably an old article difficult to find on the (scrubbed) web. Either that or it was published during the highly publicized opioid epidemic that we are supposed to now have forgiven & forgotten.

In reality though, like what you stated, withdrawing from the drugs is so difficult when you face psychotic episodes, etc.

Say you're a parent and your kid rips the house apart when you wise up and help the kid wean. It is a challenge.

I did a paper when in school about how street drugs don't cause crime and that it was a myth that criminals steal things and sell them to pay for their habits. Although I did not really agree with my own conclusion (don't ask), there were numerous sources supportive of the claim that it was not drug use, per se that brought about criminal activity, but withdrawal from the drugs that did. I cited research done circa the prohibition era, among others.

It is wise to view pharmaceutical "meds" as a pill or a drug just like any other, with the same crime-causing properties that emerge from their withdrawal.

No one is receiving drugs for their tennis elbow that causes them to shoot up a synagogue.
No, but a few years back they might have taken Vioxx for it which killed 50k Americans.

Can we stop pretending that drug companies are really open and honest about side effects, that the FDA doesn't have a conflict of interest with executives going back and forth, and that at the end of the day, they are a business out to make money?

No, but a few years back they might have taken Vioxx for it which killed 50k Americans.

Can we stop pretending that drug companies are really open and honest about side effects, that the FDA doesn't have a conflict of interest with executives going back and forth, and that at the end of the day, they are a business out to make money?
No one said drug companies aren't capitalist businesses. But their products are public and researchers do study their impact, and lawyers are keen to address those impacts.

Drugs, useful to some and detrimental to others. It has been that way for a very long time. Rely on "experts" for drug effects is typical of those who want "someone else" to be responseable for 'whatever'. I take drugs for my aliments, but do my own 'mitigation' as needed. One size does not fit all! Big Pharma and their 'investors' like those $$$$'s!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top