JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an update on the other WA mag ban case (Sullivan v. Ferguson) but I didn't want to start a new thread (please don't start a new thread on this video). Video was posted an hour ago. Judge is asking plaintiffs and defendants what they think of bringing in historical experts to evaluate "historical tradition". Video guy says historical tradition was already reviewed in great detail in Heller and Ciatano (sp?) judge just needs to read those cases.

"Historical tradition" is going to be key for any 2A case so this is likely to come up in other cases where judge is nervous about does it meet historical tradition or not.

The part at 5:38 is worth watching imo. This guy really does seem to know more about the law than some of these judges (not saying this guy is always right, but he has a lot of knowledge).

Last Edited:
This is an update on the other WA mag ban case (Sullivan v. Ferguson) but I didn't want to start a new thread (please don't start a new thread on this video). Video was posted an hour ago. Judge is asking plaintiffs and defendants what they think of bringing in historical experts to evaluate "historical tradition". Video guy says historical tradition was already reviewed in great detail in Heller and Ciatano (sp?) judge just needs to read those cases.

"Historical tradition" is going to be key for any 2A case so this is likely to come up in other cases where judge is nervous about does it meet historical tradition or not.

The part at 5:38 is worth watching imo. This guy really does seem to know more about the law than some of these judges (not saying this guy is always right, but he has a lot of knowledge).

They want to bring in the expert so they can figure out how to spin it the other way I'm sure 😒

They want to bring in the expert so they can figure out how to spin it the other way I'm sure 😒
I tell you what, judge immergut in Or did just that, cherry picked parts of studies etc to support her pre conceived agenda.

She wrote a 143 page ruling between Thursday afternoon and early morning Tuesday? Come on. I bet that ruling was mostly done prior to the case and most of it was drafted by the anti-gun CA 9th circuit court staff.

The problem is that in pretty much every one of immergut's points, such as mags are separate from arms, # of guns used in self defense shootings vs are they in common use in USA, balancing public good against individuals rights, and more are ALL unconstitutional, and she knows it. Many of us laymen here even know it so there is no question a top federal judge knows it. So I believe she did just what you are saying, tried to find ways around the clear language of Bruen to support her prejudgement against gun ownership.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads