JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In a typically ineffectual and hare-brained tactic, Portland's mayor is holding a summit this morning to address the growing gang violence in Portland. His method? Stricter gun laws and background checks of course. Obviously this is a brilliant plan. But shouldn't he just post flyers asking the gangbangers to please stop??? Or perhaps we shall soon see loudspeakers on every street corner in NE Portland spewing Mozart.......

lol... I just saw that on the news. Katu said it was because he wanted tighter regs after what happened in Arizona though. It is funny to listen from one station to the next what the reason is. Sam Bam just needs to come clean and tell us the REAL reason, him and Bo don't like guns, kind of odd because they give the impression... oh never mind.

Sam Adams is just following the order of things set in place by people much higher than himself. The agenda to make arms more and more unattainable by we the people has been in place before he came about. Our problem stems federally

The same group of people who have assassinated or attempted to assassinate our best presidents are behind world disarmament, preceding even the Revolutionary War. Only the USA and Switzerland and a few smaller nations remain to be disarmed now

Andrew Jackson ran for re-election with the slogan

I killed the bank

Yes, there were several attempts on his life

For those who don't know about Portland, the local transit district REALLY IS experimenting with playing opera music over loudspeakers at certain light-rail stations in troublesome (gang-infested) areas of town. The aim is to "sooth" people who otherwise might assault each other. After a month of trial they claim that crime is down a bit. Ya, keep Portland WIERD!.........................elsullo

In a typically ineffectual and hare-brained tactic, Portland's mayor is holding a summit this morning to address the growing gang violence in Portland. His method? Stricter gun laws and background checks of course. Obviously this is a brilliant plan. But shouldn't he just post flyers asking the gangbangers to please stop??? Or perhaps we shall soon see loudspeakers on every street corner in NE Portland spewing Mozart.......
What gets me... everyone wants more background checks... and tougher laws... we have laws, and they dont get enforced... only used as pawns for plea deal.... and we have back ground checks.. I'm sure of the people recently that commuted a gun bought it legally... with a check... don't they get the fact that they are making it harder for common folk to buy a gun. through the legal channels we already have, all the while the criminals are getting there's by stealing my legally purchased guns from my home or car???

don't they get the fact that they are making it harder for common folk to buy a gun. through the legal channels we already have, all the while the criminals are getting there's by stealing my legally purchased guns from my home or car???

Actually, they do get it. They know darn well that the laws they are trying to get passed will do absolutely nothing to reduce crime. They are equally aware that there are enough people out there who vote who are gullible enough to believe them. It's all about "Look at me! I'm doing something about crime!". All hat and no cattle.

Actually, they do get it. They know darn well that the laws they are trying to get passed will do absolutely nothing to reduce crime. They are equally aware that there enough people out there who vote who are gullible enough to believe them. It's all about "Look at me! I'm doing something about crime!". All hat and no cattle.

Ohhh, I'm seeing the picture... Its like this... make it hard enough to buy a legal firearm, and the common citizen will stop buying them... dealers will dry up, and gun population will diminish. Reduce the number of guns being bought, reduces the number of guns in the pool, then eventually 100yr from now the criminals will run out of guns, because all the LE wil have gun drives cutting up the donations people bring in. ... I see there angle now...

Ohhh, I'm seeing the picture... Its like this... make it hard enough to buy a legal firearm, and the common citizen will stop buying them... dealers will dry up, and gun population will diminish. Reduce the number of guns being bought, reduces the number of guns in the pool, then eventually 100yr from now the criminals will run out of guns, because all the LE wil have gun drives cutting up the donations people bring in. ... I see there angle now...

Chicago, NYC and New Jersey have been trying this for how long? Look at their crime stats to see how well it works.

The naivety shown by the stereotypical liberals in regards to gun rights just boggles my mind. Whenever something bad happens, they rush to make new rules or pass new laws. Making new laws will do nothing appreciable, except prevent law abiding citizens from legally exercising their Second Amendment RIGHTS.

IMO, this is yet another attempt at making the first domino fall.

I here ya Puma... I hear ya... taking guns away from law abiding citizens is not the answer... criminals still have them. Speaking of NYC... it would be interesting to see the stats on NYC criminals - gang bangers that have guns vs LA or Seattle or any other major city without NYC gun policy's, and there Criminals - gang bangers...

For those who don't know about Portland, the local transit district REALLY IS experimenting with playing opera music over loudspeakers at certain light-rail stations in troublesome (gang-infested) areas of town. The aim is to "sooth" people who otherwise might assault each other. After a month of trial they claim that crime is down a bit. Ya, keep Portland WIERD!.........................elsullo

I don't know... I think opera on loudspeakers might be kinda cool, actually: YouTube - R. Wagner, Ride of the Valkyries / Apocalypse now

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top