JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be at the rock pit Friday night to camp, barring something like an earthquake. Look forward to meeting up with other campers/stewards. @Cosimel's recent Wolf Creek post of lane 3 just plain pisses me off. Why are people so f*cked up?

Cleanup July 20th, 2019. With OHA (Oregon Hunter's Association) Tualatin Chapter, Trash No Land and members from NWFA.

Salmonberry Rd Cleanup July 20th, 2019
Howdy all. Been awhile. Am active elsewhere (out of the area) but lurking here too.

Planning to make this one and have invited others. Always a good time!

Glad to see OHA teamed up. A member; I've always appreciated the involvement of OHA in political and social issues affecting gun owners statewide.

Thanks Bill!!! Ya'll are rockin' TNL all over the place!

See Ya d:-D

Shot at Salmonberry this afternoon. Not horrible but not great either. There was a big swimming pool in the middle. Picked up a bag of trash cause that's all I could fit. There was a table top at the top of the hill that I brought down to the road so if any one can pick when they go up that would be great. Also I found Chucky's head, I hope his body doesn't come looking for it.
The large pit could use some work. I didn't have the time or space to clean it.
Lastly, the tree holding the paper plate does not constitute a proper back stop.

Thank you @Mikej For the enormous brass catcher
20191015_124351.jpg 20191015_125521.jpg 20191015_142429.jpg 20191015_150115.jpg 20191015_150502.jpg 20191015_150704.jpg 20191015_150841.jpg 20191015_151743.jpg

Shot at Salmonberry this afternoon. Not horrible but not great either. There was a big swimming pool in the middle. Picked up a bag of trash cause that's all I could fit. There was a table top at the top of the hill that I brought down to the road so if any one can pick when they go up that would be great. Also I found Chucky's head, I hope his body doesn't come looking for it.
Lastly, the tree holding the paper plate does not constitute a proper back stop.

Thank you @Mikej For the enormous brass catcher
View attachment 625116View attachment 625115View attachment 625112View attachment 625110View attachment 625109View attachment 625108View attachment 625107View attachment 625106
Good report, Corsa! Nice to see it's not too awfully bad! Glad you got some quality time behind the trigger! Hopefully someone can grab that table top.

RIP, Mr. Chucky. You served your purpose well! (Even if you were an illegal target!)

I meant to post these pics a month ago when I last went shooting off Salmonberry....

That spot just after the 4 way is still regularly being used... with no backstop. CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved

The spot was amazingly clean though, makes me wonder if the last people who shot there were careful about stewardship but not aware of gun safety that the spot has no backstop and the rounds fly off into the forest valley below... where hunters and mushroom pickers might be foraging off trail.

Here are some pics that show the damage shooters are doing to the trees. Some trees are shot down, a snag was propped up horizontally to hang or post targets on (note, again... no backstop here...).

0901191733_HDR_cropped.jpg
(nice and clean, but no backstop)

0901191734a_cropped.jpg
(tree being shot at, no backstop)

0901191734b_cropped.jpg
(stump to put targets on but no backstop)

0901191734_cropped.jpg

0901191735a_cropped.jpg
(my guess is they were placing targets on the horizontal log, no backstop)

0901191735_cropped.jpg
(I hope no hunters wander the woods behind here...)

I meant to post these pics a month ago when I last went shooting off Salmonberry....

That spot just after the 4 way is still regularly being used... with no backstop. CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved

The spot was amazingly clean though, makes me wonder if the last people who shot there were careful about stewardship but not aware of gun safety that the spot has no backstop and the rounds fly off into the forest valley below... where hunters and mushroom pickers might be foraging off trail.

Here are some pics that show the damage shooters are doing to the trees. Some trees are shot down, a snag was propped up horizontally to hang or post targets on (note, again... no backstop here...).

View attachment 625132
(nice and clean, but no backstop)

View attachment 625133
(tree being shot at, no backstop)

View attachment 625134
(stump to put targets on but no backstop)

View attachment 625135

View attachment 625136
(my guess is they were placing targets on the horizontal log, no backstop)

View attachment 625137
(I hope no hunters wander the woods behind here...)

Never ceases to amaze me! People who shoot here have never heard of any basic gun safety rules! Where is your bullet going to stop? Know what is beyond! They don't get it!

I'd like to post about your day on the range, @6Corsa6 . Do you mind if I post this info on the Trash No Land Facebook page?

A shooters report on the condition of Salmonberry Road, in Tillamook State Forest...

"Shot at Salmonberry this afternoon. Not horrible but not great either. There was a big swimming pool in the middle. Picked up a bag of trash cause that's all I could fit. There was a table top at the top of the hill that I brought down to the road so if any one can pick when they go up that would be great. Also I found Chucky's head, I hope his body doesn't come looking for it.
Lastly, the tree holding the paper plate does not constitute a proper back stop."

This shooter knows the rules, demonstrates responsibility and is a steward of our public lands. We can all appreciate those who do it right!

#TrashNoLand
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen
#CleanupToShoot
#Backstop
!

10-15-19 Salmonberry 1.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 2.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 3.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 4.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 5.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 6.jpg

10-15-19 Salmonberry 7.jpg

Never ceases to amaze me! People who shoot here have never heard of any basic gun safety rules! Where is your bullet going to stop? Know what is beyond! They don't get it!
is there any way to get that spot closed, a sign perhaps?
All it will take to ruin everything out that way is one errant bullet killing someone.

I'd like to. It has to be an ODF sign. If it's from Trash No Land, or NorthwestFirearms, it won't have the authority behind it. It will only be a suggestion and I think it would be disregarded and either shot up or removed soon.

I can ask ODF if they'd place a No Shooting sign at the beginning of the spur. I know exactly where that is and will give them the co ordinance.

Good suggestion!

Message sent. Randy, of ODF, will get back to me. He's great about responding promptly.
There is also a spot about a third the way up on wheeler road, looks to be an old road that ends at the too of a hill. Not an ideal place to shoot.
Maybe you could keep this location in mind as well.
This looks to be the location:
45.7721625, -123.4296886
Could be another spot, as it's hard to tell from satellite. Wish I marked the location then, but I didn't think of it before.

It's too bad people aren't more involved with the things they take part in...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top