JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the Statesman Journal 10/2/16:

Two armed robberies occurred in Salem this weekend when victims posted items to a "for sale" website and the meetups went wrong, according to the Salem Police Department.

The victims had advertised their items online and and potential buyers asked to meet them at night in a parking lot in the 2700 block of Lancaster Drive NE, police said.

When they met, two potential buyers brandished handguns, stole the items that were for sale and then ran away. Shots were fired during one of the robberies, though police said no one was injured.

Police describe the suspects as two Hispanic men in the 20s, with one man about 5-foot-7-inches tall and the other 5-foot-8-inches tall.

In a press release, the Salem Police Department did not identify which website was used, but reminded those who use "for sale" websites to exercise caution. Some tips offered by police are:

• Use electronic forms of payment, when possible
  • Don't meet with potential buyers alone — always bring someone with you
  • Meet potential buyers in busy public places
  • Don't meet with buyers in private or isolated places or late at night
  • Tell others where and when you will be meeting potential buyers
  • Use your instincts. If uncomfortable with a situation, leave immediately

I heard on the TV news that the 'night time' meeting in the parking lot was in the early hours of the morning. As soon as I heard that I thought 'what were they selling, and what kind of a numbskull meets someone at 2am in the morning?'

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top