JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If....such mighty implications in such a short word.

If the protesters did not :
Shoot paint on his truck...
Brake his truck window...
Spray him with some sort of pepper spay / mace / bear repellent...
Converge on his truck / him with weapons...
Then maybe he wouldn't have felt the need to draw his pistol.

'Course the other side of that If is :
If he continued on driving...
He turned around....
He did not go there in the first place...

We can what if here , till the cows come home.

He was threatened , he responded.
Something to keep in mind here is , that what appears threatening to one person , may not appear so to another.

It seems to me that the protesters , did the first wrong....
To say something to them , is a natural , but maybe not the best , course of action....
Why should he be made to "put up with" or suffer for their illegal actions..?

Granted...
The scene shown in the video clip is not the ideal way to judge another persons actions.
And to engage with a angry , hostile crowd , ain't the best of notions.

But enough is enough for many folks....and I can understand the "Why" behind this event.
Andy

"If", is the middle word in "poop"....

That makes sense to me. I am starting to think seriously about retirement myself, although it's still a ways off. Where would you go? I am thinking E. Washington, maybe Idaho. MT is beautiful, but the taxes ... are not!
Eastern WA gets screwed by King County same as the rest of the state, and Idaho is becoming the new blue exodus destination. Haven't had much of a problem since moving to Montana myself. I was raised in western WA, Mason county but couldn't stand even E.WA anymore.

easy to be a Monday morning quarterback. This guy is a friend of mine and was not part of any protest.

No disrespect meant towards your friend, we have to be very careful how WE react to these thugs actions because they will get away with near murder and we as those who oppose them will be slammed for flicking a booger their way.

National headlines this morning. Sad day when a group of thugs gets away with whatever they want, but one person tries to defend himself and he is plastered all over the news as the bad guy. Stories like these really show how lost this country is, or at least this state. I hope the gentlemen in the headlines gets out of this with out losing too much of his way of life.

I am replying to your post, but this question is for the room at large: when did the PNW stop being the wild, Libertarian-ish frontier?

It still is in many rural parts. Eastern and Southern Oregon have pockets of the wild and free like it was back in the day. Alas, the industries that largely supported those communities declined or disappeared in the 80s and 90s.

There wasn't this much excitement in the Capitol when Kitzhaber resigned.

IMO, people who are protesting should not be allowed to hide their faces.

Alas, the industries that largely supported those communities declined or disappeared in the 80s and 90s.

Helped to disappear by people with a long-term strategy for political control of the State.

Antifa and their ilk need a lesson to be taught to them, me thinks a good dousing from a high pressure liquid manure sprayer should help do the trick
:s0012:
It seems all you need to do to attract them is announce Freedom Rally and they will show up.

I would like hear peoples ideas for an antifa proof vehicle based on a beater truck, van, etc. At minimum you would need rock proof windows and some design to be able to see where you are driving after they pelted your windows with paint filled balloons.

Last Edited:
People can do what they like and I don't really care as long as they don't screw with me or mine directly, but I think it may be disingenuous the say the guy in the Captain Amerika truck was just passing through on his way to Home Depot. Point being, the guy intentionally went to the den of the gorp gobbling chodo chumpers and poked them with a stick. Best to stay home and watch them larp around barking at the wind on TV if one is so inclined to even care about their delusional antics.

If one thing scares me more than others, it's that this is all being allowed.

The police are being instructed not to do anything. Sadly, they stay on duty and do as they are told. I read an interesting statement recently, it started "Good cops quit" and the more I see cops in inner cities allow thugs to rule and arrest law abiding, the more I believe that statement.

The politicians are financing these criminals via proxy. They directly support them when possible, only condemn them when needed. When they condemn them, it's usually to try to appear moderate, but the next day they go back to supporting them.

The media loves it as it is sensational, and they love to sell sensationalism. They will bend over backwards to make these criminals look like Saints and anyone that goes against them enemies of the state. Amazing!

The only ones not benefiting from this, are conservatives or folks caught up in the crossfire.

Best part, the absolute irony in their name. Anti Fascist. Right. They are against fascism. By being fascists and thriving by mob mentality.

Sad times.

I really need to stop reading the news!

If one thing scares me more than others, it's that this is all being allowed.

The police are being instructed not to do anything. Sadly, they stay on duty and do as they are told. I read an interesting statement recently, it started "Good cops quit" and the more I see cops in inner cities allow thugs to rule and arrest law abiding, the more I believe that statement.

The politicians are financing these criminals via proxy. They directly support them when possible, only condemn them when needed. When they condemn them, it's usually to try to appear moderate, but the next day they go back to supporting them.

The media loves it as it is sensational, and they love to sell sensationalism. They will bend over backwards to make these criminals look like Saints and anyone that goes against them enemies of the state. Amazing!

The only ones not benefiting from this, are conservatives or folks caught up in the crossfire.

Best part, the absolute irony in their name. Anti Fascist. Right. They are against fascism. By being fascists and thriving by mob mentality.

Sad times.

I really need to stop reading the news!

It's a page right out of Rules for Radicals... "Make the enemy live up to their (sic) own book of rules", and the "Cloward-Piven Strategy" which seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

The Cloward-Piven strategy calls for "cadres of aggressive organizers" to use "demonstrations to create a climate of militancy", and predicts the following will happen:

Politicians, intimidated by threats of black violence, would appeal to the federal government for help. Carefully orchestrated media campaigns, carried out by friendly, leftwing journalists, would float the idea of "a federal program of income redistribution" in the form of a guaranteed living income for all — working and non-working people alike.

Local officials would clutch at this idea like drowning men to a lifeline. They would apply pressure on Washington to implement it.
With every major city erupting into chaos, Washington would have to act.

People of Earth, you are seeing this happen before your very eyes.

National headlines this morning. Sad day when a group of thugs gets away with whatever they want, but one person tries to defend himself and he is plastered all over the news as the bad guy. Stories like these really show how lost this country is, or at least this state. I hope the gentlemen in the headlines gets out of this with out losing too much of his way of life.

When the state of Oregon condoned the behavior of these criminals in Portland , they gave the green light for what happened in Salem. Had the Police both the City of Salem and the State Police upheld their oaths they would have immediately began arresting Antifa. The recent national election has embolden these these commies .... I hope everyone enjoys what will happen this summer ... Cause that is also protesting season .

Antifa/BLM have a superpower. Like Ted Wheeler pulling cover for their illegal actions. They have immunity with government and the press. We need to stop supporting any asset that supports them. In any platform you use, call those assets out and maybe that will gain some traction. I haven't watched a live news broadcast since November. Any link I come across I try and pose the question that the reporting hasn't proved or shown what they claim, if applicable.

FWIW, in my opinion rallying directly in Salem or Portland is useless at this point in time. It's either a setup, ambush or as 2020 has shown, falls on deaf ears. Direct phone calls, letters and emails or rally in southern Oregon someplace where the left can't claim the bad conservatives tried to kill me. We have lost the optics game. New strategies are required.

Intimdating people from attending rallies is another form of cancel culture. We won't have any voice left by the time they are done with us. It's sad that a bunch of antifa misfits were so much better organized and prepared to dominate the field like they did. If that had been a game, it would have been a blowout. Freedom team lost that match big time. Spin it how you like but antifa is dedicated, organized and better prepared to dominate these type of situations. Those who oppose antifa just don't have what it takes to oppose them on the streets (with few exceptions, PB, PP to name a couple).

Antifa/BLM have a superpower. Like Ted Wheeler pulling cover for their illegal actions. They have immunity with government and the press. We need to stop supporting any asset that supports them. In any platform you use, call those assets out and maybe that will gain some traction. I haven't watched a live news broadcast since November. Any link I come across I try and pose the question that the reporting hasn't proved or shown what they claim, if applicable.

FWIW, in my opinion rallying directly in Salem or Portland is useless at this point in time. It's either a setup, ambush or as 2020 has shown, falls on deaf ears. Direct phone calls, letters and emails or rally in southern Oregon someplace where the left can't claim the bad conservatives tried to kill me. We have lost the optics game. New strategies are required.

I agree new strategies will be helpful but it is also about numbers. Antifa was not able to disrupt the big 2nd amendment rally in Salem, they tried but failed to significantly disrupt the large Christian rallies. Most of those who oppose antifa just don't have it in them to oppose them in public settings.

Intimdating people from attending rallies is another form of cancel culture. We won't have any voice left by the time they are done with us. It's sad that a bunch of antifa misfits were so much better organized and prepared to dominate the field like they did. If that had been a game, it would have been a blowout. Freedom team lost that match big time. Spin it how you like but antifa is dedicated, organized and better prepared to dominate these type of situations. Those who oppose antifa just don't have what it takes to oppose them on the streets (with few exceptions, PB, PP to name a couple).

And most of them don't have jobs, so they have TIME to commit to this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top