JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a couple AKs before, but this was my first Saiga. I bought it used for a good price and even got to shoot it before buying. I didn't notice this until after I got it home and got a better look while I was cleaning it.

There apprears to be a small bulge on the right side of the receiver around where the dimple should be and where the rail is welded on the inside. I was wondering if this could cause some problems further down the road with more rounds put through it? The bolt and carrier slide along the rails fine

IMG_20120120_175432.jpg

IMG_20120120_175508.jpg

That top (right side) rail looks a little distorted
IMG_20120120_175452.jpg

Seems as if it was dropped. I would take it to the range and if it works, I'd leave it alone. In fact, I am pretty sure it will work just fine. That's how AKs are, so forgiving. It is one of the advantages of the AK platform.

I have built a few AK receivers flats. Once I tempered the holes too aggressively and the receiver warped not too different to what I see here. Since I was the builder, I figured a way to fix it. In your case, I do not recommend you try to "fix" it. Lower rails spot welds may come off, and that will ruin your whole day.

Just my non-expert opinion.

From the pictures. It looks like there maybe some interfere with the safety arm. Cartridges may not eject as well as before. Stubbing a little on that side. I've seen worse and not have a problem.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top