JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a couple AKs before, but this was my first Saiga. I bought it used for a good price and even got to shoot it before buying. I didn't notice this until after I got it home and got a better look while I was cleaning it.

There apprears to be a small bulge on the right side of the receiver around where the dimple should be and where the rail is welded on the inside. I was wondering if this could cause some problems further down the road with more rounds put through it? The bolt and carrier slide along the rails fine

IMG_20120120_175432.jpg

IMG_20120120_175508.jpg

That top (right side) rail looks a little distorted
IMG_20120120_175452.jpg

Seems as if it was dropped. I would take it to the range and if it works, I'd leave it alone. In fact, I am pretty sure it will work just fine. That's how AKs are, so forgiving. It is one of the advantages of the AK platform.

I have built a few AK receivers flats. Once I tempered the holes too aggressively and the receiver warped not too different to what I see here. Since I was the builder, I figured a way to fix it. In your case, I do not recommend you try to "fix" it. Lower rails spot welds may come off, and that will ruin your whole day.

Just my non-expert opinion.

From the pictures. It looks like there maybe some interfere with the safety arm. Cartridges may not eject as well as before. Stubbing a little on that side. I've seen worse and not have a problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top