JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From the opinion of a varmint humter and a gun salesman I would for sure go with a Savage model 93 with a thumbhole stock and a stainless barrel. The bolt and mag feel kind of cheap but they make great rifles! They are dead bones accurate and pair well with a BSA Sweet 17 scope. Check your local Wholesale Sports location for the best price on your set up and they will mount/ boresight your gun and have it ready to shoot varmints!! If you cannot stans the idea of a Savage, spend a little more and get a CZ model 427 Varmint. Also good with the Sweet 17 scope and garaunteed performance!! Hope this helps!! Give me good feedback or bad!! Let me know what you decide!

I have both a savage and a Ruger 17 lever action . I haven't seen many of these Rugers around my area , it looks just like a 10/22 with a lever . I like the weight and balance of the Ruger over the Savage . My Savage has the bull barrel and is great for rest shooting , but I got after market mags for the Ruger (25 round ) and it is a gas to shoot .

I just bought this Magnum Research 17HMR. I am a sucker for the 17HMR autoloaders. I think it is a great buy at just over 650. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. Nice rail so you can use quality standard rings. Nice Houge bedded stock. You can get it with the Baracuda stock, but for field use, I like the Houge stock better. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Last year I went out shooting with a friend and a couple of his friends. He had one of the MR 17HMR autos and was having a lot of trouble getting it to consistently cycle. It had been back to the manufacturer at least once and still had problems. Please post on your experiences.

What other 17HMR autoloaders do you have or have shot?

elsie

I run 2 savage 17's. One thumbhole with blued barrel and a caliber specific scope. The other is a wood stock I worked so it looks like a Mcmillan ut with a home camo job on it and a cheap big 5 3-9 scope but it works just fine for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top