JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, a year ago about this time I went out sage-rat hunting with a few buddies of mine in eastern Oregon. Needless to say I'm hooked now but have no idea where to start on finding somewhere I can do such a hunt, or shoot again. My friend had a connection with a farmer who let us head out and shoot on his property but I have not been able to get ahold of my friend to get the farmer's contact info. Anyone have any ideas on where to start when looking for a hunter friendly area? Thanks in advance guys!

Christmas valley, burns, crane...anywhere there is pivots. Please ask permission first, some farmers will let you hunt but if you don't ask them permission you ruin it for everybody else.
Most people on here put in the work to get grounds to hunt on, or they knew somebody...either way I doubt your going to get people giving you address and contacts. Best of luck to you

Thanks, will do. I would never hunt without asking the land owner. If anyone is willing to divulge a contact, I would be very great full.
:p

I'm thinking about going sometime in May. Planning on making it an event with some of the guys at the Coast Guard station I work with. Hopefully I can get a hold of a land owner down there, but I have never been to that area

We went over last Monday without knowing a single person prior to leaving. I don't sleep well and get up early, so I went to the local cafe a little before 5am and just asked folks there. We got some phone numbers and directions to farms, met some great folks, and got in four days of shooting before the weather turned, and the rats that were still alive would no longer show themselves. Most likely will go back next year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top