JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I appreciate all the tips. I have a Nikon range finder so that should be handy.
I'll probably bring the Savage 17, the Marlin .22WMR and my Sig 522 for the close shots.
I like the idea of shooting from the truck. I'd prefer to use the truck bed, and set up in there and then just move when necessary.

It wouldn't feed, the mags were difficult to put in and take out, But most of all it was not very accurate beyond 100 yards. It was shooting 1 inch groups at 100 yards which opened up pretty wide at 200 yards. There were two guys shooting the other side of the road and I went over to see what they were shooting. Both had Rugers and one had tried a Savage but sold it after one season of being outshot by other rifles.

I have similar problems with my Savage magazines. I didn't really expect a lot from it given how much I paid for it though. It does shoot tighter groups than my 30 year old .22 semi-auto, even with the cheap POS scope I put on it. I've only sighted in at 100 yds so far but I did take a couple rats out at around 200 yds last year with it. Mostly I blame my old eyes for not being able to get a tight group (most of my guns probably shoot better than I can get them in actual use).

elsie

This is bobby, doug bought one of those shooting carts from you last year. I'v tried making comments on your blog site, but it never works just an FYI.
Doug said he talked to you a few days ago and told you when we will be down that way. Hope to see you then. Take care.

bobby
OH and we created a monster in doug, He's bought SOOOOOO much ammo, LOL.. Prob about 20,000 of 22 and 3000 of 17, and he's still not sure if thats going to be enough, LOL

heres some sage rat carnaige

View attachment 210330
sage5.jpg
Sagerat3.jpg
RatsApril19th054.jpg
Heres my son launching one to the right
RatsApril19th055.jpg
View attachment 210335
heres my son ready to whack one.
rathunting5-4001.jpg

Just returned from an excellent trip to a huge ranch near Condon, OR. Lots of sage rats and Coyotes although my caller broke on second day. It also snowed the second day. The ranch has a one bedroom "bunkhouse" or a two bedroom cottage for rent so it was nice and warm. Now for a week of rain and wind!

Just returned from an excellent trip to a huge ranch near Condon, OR. Lots of sage rats and Coyotes although my caller broke on second day. It also snowed the second day. The ranch has a one bedroom "bunkhouse" or a two bedroom cottage for rent so it was nice and warm. Now for a week of rain and wind!

Can you send me the contact info for the ranch?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top