JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are killing me, angler, as I sit here with my left eye taped shut and face numb. Let me know how the shooting is around Baker City, as I have heard stories about entire field moving with squirrels. Not all that far from me, either. Would probably make good overnight trip if there is a reasonably priced motel available.

Dang!! I hope all was a success. This year has been crazy, no snow all winter no long freezes. We have been shooting 1000 rds each day per person....

There are ton of nutria all over Herron lakes golf coarse in Portland. I'm doing my first rat hunt of year on Friday we always go through a 1000 rounds in a day it's just one after another fingers hurt from reloading so much.

What are you smoking ?????????????

Interesting, around Camby OR they were referred to as "Mountain Boomers." My grandpa hated with a fierce hatred, because they were always fouling up the springs on his dairy farm.

Tick tock, three weeks until I head over to Burns to teach Skippy to fly! Taking .17hmr, .22LR, .22K Hornet, 20 VarTarg, and .204 Ruger. By the way Sage rats are also known as picket pins by the old timers.

Interesting, around Camby OR they were referred to as "Mountain Boomers." My grandpa hated with a fierce hatred, because they were always fouling up the springs on his dairy farm.

My Grandpa always just called them "Boomers". As a teenager my Grandpa and I used to take regular trips to Silverton Hills to go "Boomer" shooting.

Ray

I've heard Nutria called swamp rats or river rats. The Louisiana fish and game department encourages hunters to shoot them because they wreck havoc with the canal systems down there. Used to be a German restaurant somewhere in the south that served Nutria in a thick gravey and it was supposed to be delicious. They had a 3 month waiting list to get a reservation. As for me, I think I'll pass!:confused:

I've heard Nutria called swamp rats or river rats. The Louisiana fish and game department encourages hunters to shoot them because they wreck havoc with the canal systems down there. Used to be a German restaurant somewhere in the south that served Nutria in a thick gravey and it was supposed to be delicious. They had a 3 month waiting list to get a reservation. As for me, I think I'll pass!:confused:

Back in March I was invited to this event Delta Fraternity (https://www.facebook.com/232062100200457/photos/pcb.1007218606018132/1007218202684839/?type=3&theater) wild game dinner/fundraiser for Children's Hospital. It had pretty much every wild animal that inhabits Louisiana and some that don't; duck, frog, alligator, wild hog, blue crab, soft-shell crab, venison, rabbit, elk and nutria.

That's the "Nutria Spaghetti" in the middle of the tray under some venison and soft-shelled crab and I will tell you that it was delicious.

Ray

20160305_203715_zpsgcheryi2.jpg 20160305_200142_zpsj1pwayzc.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews