JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dad wants to do a sage rat hunt. Is it worth it to book an "outfitter"?
I didn't know that has what it has come to for simply shooting sage rats so I couldn't say.
Are there any large populations of sage rats in WA? You might want to look into this and see if there are any large ranches that offer shooting opportunities.

Last Edited:
I didn't know that has what it has come to for simply shooting sage rats so I couldn't say.
Are there any large populations of sage rats in WA? You might want to look into this and see if there are any large ranches that offer shooting opportunities.

These things are a no-go in WA. The only things you can really shoot are nutria and rockchucks on the east side. On the west side, chucks are off limits.

My dad wants to do a sage rat hunt. Is it worth it to book an "outfitter"?
I would say no. It's an expensive hobby if you do it right. Save the money for ammo. Also, hate to encourage these "outfitters" taking over the best ranches. The poisoning is already diminishing the number of ranches. Where does he live? I'll pm. Remember when an ice box of fish and crabs would grease the gate hinges on the best hunting? Now it costs $thousands - same gonna happen on rats.

I would say no. It's an expensive hobby if you do it right. Save the money for ammo. Also, hate to encourage these "outfitters" taking over the best ranches. The poisoning is already diminishing the number of ranches. Where does he live? I'll pm. Remember when an ice box of fish and crabs would grease the gate hinges on the best hunting? Now it costs $thousands - same gonna happen on rats.

He lives near Fort Lewis, but would definitely go on a road trip.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top