JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice. There's a lot of them around there. Were you hunting in fields? Spent a lot of my youth doing that. Might have to swing down there soon.

Yes....as the days warm the fields will move with the little buggers......we have rules, under 100yds. .22s or pistols only. 100yds. and up.....whatever moves ya. A 100gr .270 Nosler ballistic tip makes a fine pink mist.....:s0155:

Where do you go down there to do that? I'm interested in doing some shooting this spring/summer because I'd got a rental house in K-falls that I bought to rent to my son going to college down there. It would be a great combo trip: visit my son, do some shooting, write off the trip as a rental expense.

Tlfreek, your posts are filled with jealousy, have you ever shot anything but paper?
Perhaps you should take a trip without your girlfriend and kill something.
She doesn't even have to know.

Great - I have a trip I need to take to Colorado in May and now you have me thinking of making it a road trip and spending a few days on my cousin's ranch in Wyoming where I'm sure to burn through about 10 bricks of 22 and 300-500 rounds of 223 eliminating the massive overpopulation of prairie dogs... :)

I am really excited. I am going to go sage rat hunting for the first time next month.

A friend of mine (tdog) and I just penciled in the dates. Now to buy the ammo and site in the rifles!

22 and a wake up til our eight man crew goes over to Christmas valley to do some serious damage. We shoot rats during the day and rabbits at night.

WHere do you go exactly? I, too, spent my entire spring break on vacation visiting my wife's family in K. Falls. Unfortunately, it snowed at least twice a day. I was tempted to go shooting a couple of times over at some area that is just before Keno.

do you eat them?

Not generally, though they are in the squirrel family so you could. Sage rats are terribly destructive to crops, and if you don't kill them off their numbers increase rapidly. Killing them is pest control, but as they are small and generally shot from longer ranges it does take a steady hand and the practice is good for your marksmanship skills.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top