JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OH bubblegum I hear ya moving sucks bad! But hey an extra safe might be worth it. :D
This move is more for Health Reasons because we had planned on this being our last home. Neither of us can handle the stairs around here. Me almost Not at all and that means more for the Bride and that's just not fair. We're even looking at just how far to the Which Doctor(FWIW that's the correct spelling because it all depends on what is wrong and Which Dr. we're headed for) the places are!:(:(:(

I'm a little late to post this probably but I'm brand new to this site. I've got a couple buddy's who started a moving company based out of Philomath called Boys in Blue Moving LLC. They moved a large safe and player piano for my father in Sweet Home to a lower level. They were very reasonably priced. I'd trust them with my kids so I'd trust them with my valuables. Their facebook page is Security Check Required. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Bump! I need to move my safe 2.5 miles from a garage to a first floor apartment. Weighs 900 pounds.

To be honest, I was hoping to see if there was anyone near Forest Grove that would be willing to help. I think it can be done with a few guys and a trailer. I'd be willing to compensate for the time. :)

I almost wonder if one of these 1-800-got-junk trucks could do less expensive than an actual mover. Might be worth a call to find out.

Last time I had it moved by Liberty they scratched up the side. I'll take my chances with a U-Haul trailer and a dolly. And some help from my bros. :cool:

Last time I felt brave enough to move my 885 lb safe I used 3-4 pieces of 1 1/2" white plastic tubing and a Harbor Freight pallet jack to get the safe from the porch up into the house. We just slowly rolled the safe around on the PVC pipe once it was in the house

Last time I felt brave enough to move my 885 lb safe I used 3-4 pieces of 1 1/2" white plastic tubing and a Harbor Freight pallet jack to get the safe from the porch up into the house. We just slowly rolled the safe around on the PVC pipe once it was in the house

Great idea! I'm going to get some PVC, a dolly and rent a trailer. Problem solved.

Take a look at this electric dolly. For only $125.00 a day, you can save your back(s). They're located in the Portland area.
1565902232000.png

@Kruel J Just saw this thread, so you may have already moved your steel.

I used NW Specialty Moving (503-381-2795) for the last safe I bought. Within one week (other places I called quoted 3+ weeks out + 2x the $) they picked it up at Cabellas and delivered it into my house 25 miles away for $300. Did a great job and did not damage anything. I would use them again anytime.

I moved my 380lbs small Liberty Jefferson safe myself with a hand truck for years when I was in college and the following apartments before buying my first house. It was just manageable for buddies and me on the hand truck, 2nd floors etc. Never had any extra $ those days so the contents of the safe stayed within its capacity.

I could not imagine moving a 900lbs safe w/o the risk of hurting someone or myself! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top