JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could be anyone who knows how to do it. I'm currently looking at a used 1,045lb safe located in sweethome. 72.5"x42"x32"

It may be too big though. :confused:

I have had good luck using Piano movers! With the right tools they are not that hard to move. The last one I had moved was $260 for a 35 mile move. It was not a heavy safe though. Each piece weighed about 250 lbs. [door came off ]. What they quoted me was a flat move. If there were more than 5 stairs there would be a "per stair charge". I had it put in my garage , so no stairs. Good Luck DR

Wow. Good inquiry. I used to lump furniture in San Francisco years ago. We were back ground checked. Individually and company bonded. Expect to pay MORE to MOVE your new big GUN SAFE than what you PAID for it? Think security ... Security! ... SECURITY!!

This is NOT the big guy individually installing your new washer and dryer. Paranoia is good. Security paranoia is good. We moved sensitive stuff at 3 am Monday morning. Absolutely silent. Cops knew. Had fake over wraps "Ice Maker Refrigerator Freezer."

Or .... get three guys from work you can absolutely trust. Loose lips loses gun collections. Criminal activity and communication is common. They do make today some cool neat powered dollies and low boys. Wish we had them back in the day. About 1970.

Respectfully.

I have found many furniture movers are able to move safes as well and for much less money. Most safe movers in my area also charge 'port to port' fees, which means from the moment they leave their shop (or lair) you pay until the moment they return & when they get to your site, they move slower than any union worker you have ever seen (no offense to actual slow-moving union workers)

Can you get a pallet jack underneath, or does it sit on the floor? Once you remove the door that should take 250lbs off the total. Get 4 close friends, a heavy duty furniture dolly and an appliance truck. You'll need a truck with a lift gate (750 lbs will cause it to lift slow!!). And maybe a heavy duty bottle jack to take the door off/on. Wish you luck

Can you get a pallet jack underneath, or does it sit on the floor? Once you remove the door that should take 250lbs off the total. Get 4 close friends, a heavy duty furniture dolly and an appliance truck. You'll need a truck with a lift gate (750 lbs will cause it to lift slow!!). And maybe a heavy duty bottle jack to take the door off/on. Wish you luck

You forgot two thing, a case of beer and a couple of pizzas!

Last Edited:
I'll second OPA. Had them pickup, deliver and install a new Liberty Safe from Costal Farm. Great job... Very professional, fully adjusted the door to a neutral balance and tight lockup. Very satisfied and highly recommended...

I'll give them thirds. They did a great job, but not cheap at all.

My safe is heavier than that......closer to 2500 lbs. my wife (the engineer) had the floor reinforced to hold it. 3 of us (I mostly pointed and directed) moved it from outside to its destination in the house. We used mostly 4" wooden dowels as rollers but rental yards have "skates" that you can rent. Depending on the surface you are moving it on 1000 lbs is no problem at all. A little hydraulic jack to tip it far enough to get the skates or dowels under it. I would have maby 5 dowels and as one is freed you move it to the front. That is the way the pyramids were built. I used my forklift to move it to the porch from the truck. Use a low (or tilt) trailer to move it on the road with. It is a good lesson in rigging. You can move the world with a wedge, lever and roller.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads