JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SAF Launches National TV Campaign Challenging 'Obama Lies' About Guns

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today is launching a national television campaign challenging lies told by President Barack Obama about guns and crime, and is urging viewers to call a toll-free number and express their opinion about the president's efforts to push his gun control agenda. The television spot may be viewed here .

"We're fed up with the president's repeated exploitation of tragedies to promote a failed agenda of public disarmament," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "Law-abiding gun owners are not the problem, nor is their right to keep and bear arms, and Obama knows it. But true to the left wing principle of never letting a tragedy go to waste, the president and other anti-gunners have launched a massive attack on the Second Amendment.

"We're asking one million Americans to call our toll-free number at (800) 292-9044 and simply press '1' if they think the president is lying to push gun control," he said.

"The president has argued that states with the toughest gun control policies experience less violent crime," he continued. "Apparently he thinks Chicago and Baltimore are no longer part of the United States, much less Washington, D.C., New York or Los Angeles.

"He has referred to Australia's gun laws," Gottlieb added, "without mentioning that the cornerstone of that country's effort was a massive and mandatory surrender of privately-owned firearms. That suggests to us that his agenda just might include gun confiscations if people don't meekly turn them in.

"He claims that more guns in the hands of honest citizens, and the elimination of gun-free zones would not reduce gun-related crime," he observed. "You never see mass shootings at gun stores or shooting ranges, but only places like schools, churches and shopping malls where firearms are forbidden.

"With our video, we're asking a simple question," Gottlieb said. "Do you think Obama is lying to push his gun control agenda? Just call our toll-free telephone number and cast your vote."

SAF's special toll-free telephone line is (800) 292-9044.

Good for them. I'm surprised any TV stations will even run it. I hope it gets some big air time. I would expect they'll get their 1,000,000 responses fairly quickly. I called mine in.

SAF launches ad campaign challenging 'Obama's gun control lies'

Almost simultaneous to the arrival of President Barack Obama in Roseburg, Oregon on Friday, the Second Amendment Foundation announced the launch of a television campaign challenging him for "gun control lies."

<broken link removed>

The timing might be good, but the ad sure isn't.
Too in your face. too shrill, lacks any explanation as to what the truth is.
What's the point of a dial in opinion poll with apparently only one answer?
Should be, "call this number to hear the truth"
It's like the intention was to polarize people rather than educate.

Sounds like they're selling the latest magical kitchen appliance.

The violent crime claim is bogus as hell. I just came across this the other day, and it even astonished me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

But it is the naming of Britain as the most violent country in the EU that is most shocking. The analysis is based on the number of crimes per 100,000 residents.

In the UK, there are 2,034 offences per 100,000 people, way ahead of second-placed Austria with a rate of 1,677.
league of shame

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 92 and South Africa 1,609.

There is not a single European country on that list with a VC rate lower than ours.
Yet all these idiots ever talk about is the "gun crime" stat.
Of course you may notice Switzerland, with the highest gun ownership rate in Europe, is missing from the list altogether.

They're a bunch of lyin' snakes I tell ya!

They need to start a gofundme page to get funds in order for a commercial or tv time.

Unfortunately it's cheap. Gun control tells many lies, but we need to be more refined in our communications. Educational that is. Not confrontational.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top