JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a used one in 1994 and shot probably 500 + rounds through it with no failures at all so for me it was a great gun for the price. But I have heard from others that have had them fail when they needed them most so I guess its kind of a gamble. I sold mine off and went with a Glock 22 and I have to say it is built better than the Sigma was and I liked having the front rail to put a flash light on.

Rich

I have not had any issues with mine other than the feed ramp needing polished on the first one I bought when they came out. Some people think the trigger pull is too much but I never thought so as it isnt a target gun and was never made to be. The ones I have reliably shoot any type of ammo including reloads.
I am sure you will hear alot of negatives as well as alot of Glock suggestions to get but I personally feel the Sigma fits and points better than a Glock therefore I do not own a Glock (matter of personal prefference). As far as having a rail to attach items to the newer versions have it the originals did not.

If you are concerned about the trigger pull you can look at this....http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ha...st-fix-your-s-w-sigma-heavy-trigger-pull.html

my sigma has been 100% reliable since I bought it in march. I have put around 1000 rounds through it since. I didn't find the trigger that bad. It had some tool marks that I polished out so it's nice and smooth now. Besides at $300 out the door I couldn't pass it up. I would do it again with out a problem.

I have the Allied Forces model in 9mm and havent had any troubles whatsoever and it has never jammed or failed to go bang, A great deal for the price I paid new of $269. As for the trigger its not an issue either and youll get used to it. Just my .02 worth.

I had a Sigma in .40. Never failed to go bang. A BG wouldn't have liked it at all, LOL.

We are all built differently from hand size to arm length to neck length, etc, and a Glock fits me best so I switched, but not because I didn't trust the Sigma. I did install a new Wolff spring in the Sigma and liked it a lot better.

I carry an issued Sigma 40VE for work. The Sigma has great ergonomics and so far, it has been a very reliable shooter. I am one of those who do not like the trigger. It is long and hard (as compared to other striker pistols I've shot & own) and because I don't own it, I can't get a trigger job. My target groups with the Sigma can be considered "combat accurate" but not a tack driver by any means. Consider what it is. S&W makes them as budget service pistols, not competition grade.

I've got one in 9mm and it has always worked as it should with no failures of any kind. I picked up mine from a friend who never bothered to clean it so when I got it the pistol had 1000+ trouble free rounds and all the burned powder and original grease still in it. I cleaned it and did a quick polish job like a .25 cent trigger job a glock would get and while the trigger isn't great and the sights aren't very good for acuraccy the gun is well worth $300 bucks

Mine has a trigger pull similar to a manual construction stapler and I would never carry it, personally. I only keep it as a loaner for the zombie war

I have a little over 500 rounds through my 40ve, and its never failed to go bang. I do like glocks, but the mag release interferes with my hand when I shoot (lefty) the sigma fits my hand like a glove.

The trigger is stiff, but mine has loosened up since I bought it and in a carry gun I dont mind a hard trigger pull in lieu of a safety.

For the prices these guns are available at how wrong can you go really, even if you hate it and sell it later?

Mine has a trigger pull similar to a manual construction stapler and I would never carry it, personally. I only keep it as a loaner for the zombie war

That has to be the most accurate real world description I've heard so far on that trigger. I've put a couple hundred rounds through mine without a problem. The trigger is fine until you shoot something with a nice trigger, and then you'll hate it. I will say that it is one of the more comfortable ( for me ) pistols to hold that I have. At the end of the day, for the money, and reliability, you can't go wrong.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top