JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a used one in 1994 and shot probably 500 + rounds through it with no failures at all so for me it was a great gun for the price. But I have heard from others that have had them fail when they needed them most so I guess its kind of a gamble. I sold mine off and went with a Glock 22 and I have to say it is built better than the Sigma was and I liked having the front rail to put a flash light on.

Rich

I have not had any issues with mine other than the feed ramp needing polished on the first one I bought when they came out. Some people think the trigger pull is too much but I never thought so as it isnt a target gun and was never made to be. The ones I have reliably shoot any type of ammo including reloads.
I am sure you will hear alot of negatives as well as alot of Glock suggestions to get but I personally feel the Sigma fits and points better than a Glock therefore I do not own a Glock (matter of personal prefference). As far as having a rail to attach items to the newer versions have it the originals did not.

If you are concerned about the trigger pull you can look at this....http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ha...st-fix-your-s-w-sigma-heavy-trigger-pull.html

my sigma has been 100% reliable since I bought it in march. I have put around 1000 rounds through it since. I didn't find the trigger that bad. It had some tool marks that I polished out so it's nice and smooth now. Besides at $300 out the door I couldn't pass it up. I would do it again with out a problem.

I have the Allied Forces model in 9mm and havent had any troubles whatsoever and it has never jammed or failed to go bang, A great deal for the price I paid new of $269. As for the trigger its not an issue either and youll get used to it. Just my .02 worth.

I had a Sigma in .40. Never failed to go bang. A BG wouldn't have liked it at all, LOL.

We are all built differently from hand size to arm length to neck length, etc, and a Glock fits me best so I switched, but not because I didn't trust the Sigma. I did install a new Wolff spring in the Sigma and liked it a lot better.

I carry an issued Sigma 40VE for work. The Sigma has great ergonomics and so far, it has been a very reliable shooter. I am one of those who do not like the trigger. It is long and hard (as compared to other striker pistols I've shot & own) and because I don't own it, I can't get a trigger job. My target groups with the Sigma can be considered "combat accurate" but not a tack driver by any means. Consider what it is. S&W makes them as budget service pistols, not competition grade.

I've got one in 9mm and it has always worked as it should with no failures of any kind. I picked up mine from a friend who never bothered to clean it so when I got it the pistol had 1000+ trouble free rounds and all the burned powder and original grease still in it. I cleaned it and did a quick polish job like a .25 cent trigger job a glock would get and while the trigger isn't great and the sights aren't very good for acuraccy the gun is well worth $300 bucks

Mine has a trigger pull similar to a manual construction stapler and I would never carry it, personally. I only keep it as a loaner for the zombie war

I have a little over 500 rounds through my 40ve, and its never failed to go bang. I do like glocks, but the mag release interferes with my hand when I shoot (lefty) the sigma fits my hand like a glove.

The trigger is stiff, but mine has loosened up since I bought it and in a carry gun I dont mind a hard trigger pull in lieu of a safety.

For the prices these guns are available at how wrong can you go really, even if you hate it and sell it later?

Mine has a trigger pull similar to a manual construction stapler and I would never carry it, personally. I only keep it as a loaner for the zombie war

That has to be the most accurate real world description I've heard so far on that trigger. I've put a couple hundred rounds through mine without a problem. The trigger is fine until you shoot something with a nice trigger, and then you'll hate it. I will say that it is one of the more comfortable ( for me ) pistols to hold that I have. At the end of the day, for the money, and reliability, you can't go wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top