JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After buying a Shield, I don't care for it at all, so looking around at classifieds and FB post, seems like a lot of people are bailing on the Shield. Reason? I don't know why, i just don't like the feel of it or the way it ejects.

I disliked the erratic ejection and the 30 yard tosses mine managed as well. I traded mine off mainly because the grip angle didn't work for me. I couldn't draw and see the sights. I was constantly adjusting my grip to aim. I stepped towards the all metal gen 3 smiths and have a perfect sight picture every draw. They just work for me.

I think most are getting rid of it because it just doesn't fit their hands.

I decided on the LC9s. Pretty happy with it. Ejects predictably.

@ 220rds

k2jm9h.jpg

Got a Shield 40 almost a year ago to try with the option to buy if I liked it. Didn't like the way it initially felt in my hand. Then I shot it. I shoot it better than I should be able to shoot any gun in it's size class.
It is not anywhere as "cool" as many other firearms I own or have owned, but it's a keeper.
I don't like one step of the disassemble/assembly procedure, but that's a small issue.

I think the Shield is probably the best small 9mm on the market right now. That being said, I am selling mine too. Not because it isn't great...but because want something big and heavy and shiny. I am not selling mine for $600 though. I am selling mine for under $400 even though it is still unfired in the box.

I can see why most people choose the shield over the lc9s. Overall it does have more advantages.

The trigger on the LC9s is better though & the lc9s is lighter/little less bulky. That and I have trust in Ruger to have my back if there's an issue (i've had none so far) - Going to get a +1 mag ext soon (8+1)

Anyone who's thinking of a Shield ( I had one ), should try to find a 3d Gen S&W, like the 3913, for example. There are so many 3d Gen S&W models to choose from and they are solid , good shooters. There all metal construction makes them softer to shoot than the polymer guns, but with weights from 20 - 26 ounces, they're not at all bad for EDC . Here's my 20 ounce, 7+1, 9mm Chief's Special, 3" barrel.

DSCN2483001_zps686a1bbb.jpg~original

I bought a 9mm Shield for my wife. She wanted something with a thumb safety and it fit the bill. I've shot it and like it, carried it a handful of times too...just don't engage the safety.
Recently purchased a 4" XD-S in 9mm which will be my EDC. Got a Powder River spring kit and some Talon grips on the way.

I purchased a 9mm Shield a couple months ago and I love it. It shoots amazingly well for
such a small pistol. I put a veridian R5 green laser on it and carry it in a super tuck deluxe
holster. Great light weight carry gun. I am a long time pistol competition shooter and own
several handguns. Love the shield.

I too love my Shield 40, put a lasermax on it and is always in my pocket.
For a 40 it is accurate and comfortable.
:Dthumbs up for the shield...

I believe the Shield to be the best of the bunch in this size/style/construction of pistol. The Shield fit me better, and was more comfortable than its counterparts of other manufacture. But I fully am aware everybody has their own opinions and favorites.

In spite of my appreciation of the Shield, I did sell mine. Not because it didn't perform well, but because I'm just distancing myself from plastic guns. All mine have performed wonderfully, but with all the plastic guns I have seen fail, I'm just done with them. Didn't want to wait til I ended up with a plastic lemon.

Technology moves ahead, and man made materials have replaced just about everything I grew up with. I'll let someone else do the experimenting and see if their plastic gun works as well in fifty years as it did when it was new.

WAYNO.

I love my Shield .40. I put Hogue grips on everything I buy and so I did with this one too. It makes a big difference as to grip and follow up shots. But just like every gun - it is very subjective so one man's treasure is another man's trade fodder. I've not had one problem with it and don't anticipate I will.

I think (Careful now :confused:) Thumb safeties and magazine safeties are more of a hazard than a help on
any striker, or DA only CC pistol. Just something else to remember, or get in the way.:p
I don't use the safety on mine and, because of how much force is needed to use it, I don't worry that it will accidentally get activated.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top