JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have been baling on the XD's for some time. They are a well-worn inside joke at some gun ranges, I'm told. To each their own, though. :)
I think my Glock G-21 is functionally beautiful, so there ya go. :)
I have to ask what the deal is with people dumping the XDS? I Was looking into buying one soon and I would love some feedback. I Have shot the Shield and thought it was okay, but the size and feel of the XDS was more comfortable but haven't shot one yet.

I have to ask what the deal is with people dumping the XDS?

I don't see people "dumping" either the Shield 9mm or the XDs 9mm.

I think a lot of people are selling their Shield 40's (because 40's are a little out of favor right now). Shield 9 owners, if anything, are dropping their safety models for the non-safety model.

XDs9 owners aren't selling off their guns in droves. It is the XDs45acp models that are all over for sale. Even that isn't, I believe, because people don't like 45, but because the capacity is so darned limited with only 5+1. That just isn't acceptable these days! I've been paying a lot of attention to this trend because my XDs9 is for sale (and I keep wanting to take it off the market...).

I Just had to ask because I haven't been watching that closely and wanted some feedback before I spent the money. I am going to pick something up before too long. Either a Glock, XDs or Shield. We will see. Thanks

I'm thinking about the 3.3" just for potential pocket carry reasons. I just need to shoot one.
Depends on what you mean by pocket carry or what your clothing type is. I would NOT call the XDs or Shield a pocket gun. It would fit in a pocket, for sure, but this size is too big for deep concealment. You pretty much need an LCP/P380 size for a true pocket pistol that will disappear in your pocket. Depends on your own situation, though.

Xds and shield are both great. Only reason is sold my xds too big to pocket carry and is about the same length as my m&p9c. Picked up a sig p238 never looked back.

i would never carry anything that required condition 1. all the videos where the LEO forgot to flip the safety in the heat of the moment, not for me. murphy's law will bite you.

DA/SA or DAO for me. passive safety OK, manual safety not OK.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top