JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After buying a Shield, I don't care for it at all, so looking around at classifieds and FB post, seems like a lot of people are bailing on the Shield. Reason? I don't know why, i just don't like the feel of it or the way it ejects.

I disliked the erratic ejection and the 30 yard tosses mine managed as well. I traded mine off mainly because the grip angle didn't work for me. I couldn't draw and see the sights. I was constantly adjusting my grip to aim. I stepped towards the all metal gen 3 smiths and have a perfect sight picture every draw. They just work for me.

I think most are getting rid of it because it just doesn't fit their hands.

I decided on the LC9s. Pretty happy with it. Ejects predictably.

@ 220rds

k2jm9h.jpg

Got a Shield 40 almost a year ago to try with the option to buy if I liked it. Didn't like the way it initially felt in my hand. Then I shot it. I shoot it better than I should be able to shoot any gun in it's size class.
It is not anywhere as "cool" as many other firearms I own or have owned, but it's a keeper.
I don't like one step of the disassemble/assembly procedure, but that's a small issue.

I think the Shield is probably the best small 9mm on the market right now. That being said, I am selling mine too. Not because it isn't great...but because want something big and heavy and shiny. I am not selling mine for $600 though. I am selling mine for under $400 even though it is still unfired in the box.

I can see why most people choose the shield over the lc9s. Overall it does have more advantages.

The trigger on the LC9s is better though & the lc9s is lighter/little less bulky. That and I have trust in Ruger to have my back if there's an issue (i've had none so far) - Going to get a +1 mag ext soon (8+1)

Anyone who's thinking of a Shield ( I had one ), should try to find a 3d Gen S&W, like the 3913, for example. There are so many 3d Gen S&W models to choose from and they are solid , good shooters. There all metal construction makes them softer to shoot than the polymer guns, but with weights from 20 - 26 ounces, they're not at all bad for EDC . Here's my 20 ounce, 7+1, 9mm Chief's Special, 3" barrel.

DSCN2483001_zps686a1bbb.jpg~original

I bought a 9mm Shield for my wife. She wanted something with a thumb safety and it fit the bill. I've shot it and like it, carried it a handful of times too...just don't engage the safety.
Recently purchased a 4" XD-S in 9mm which will be my EDC. Got a Powder River spring kit and some Talon grips on the way.

I purchased a 9mm Shield a couple months ago and I love it. It shoots amazingly well for
such a small pistol. I put a veridian R5 green laser on it and carry it in a super tuck deluxe
holster. Great light weight carry gun. I am a long time pistol competition shooter and own
several handguns. Love the shield.

I too love my Shield 40, put a lasermax on it and is always in my pocket.
For a 40 it is accurate and comfortable.
:Dthumbs up for the shield...

I believe the Shield to be the best of the bunch in this size/style/construction of pistol. The Shield fit me better, and was more comfortable than its counterparts of other manufacture. But I fully am aware everybody has their own opinions and favorites.

In spite of my appreciation of the Shield, I did sell mine. Not because it didn't perform well, but because I'm just distancing myself from plastic guns. All mine have performed wonderfully, but with all the plastic guns I have seen fail, I'm just done with them. Didn't want to wait til I ended up with a plastic lemon.

Technology moves ahead, and man made materials have replaced just about everything I grew up with. I'll let someone else do the experimenting and see if their plastic gun works as well in fifty years as it did when it was new.

WAYNO.

I love my Shield .40. I put Hogue grips on everything I buy and so I did with this one too. It makes a big difference as to grip and follow up shots. But just like every gun - it is very subjective so one man's treasure is another man's trade fodder. I've not had one problem with it and don't anticipate I will.

I think (Careful now :confused:) Thumb safeties and magazine safeties are more of a hazard than a help on
any striker, or DA only CC pistol. Just something else to remember, or get in the way.:p
I don't use the safety on mine and, because of how much force is needed to use it, I don't worry that it will accidentally get activated.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top