JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There Not bad . definitely good bang for the buck if your looking for a daily carry that is thin. light weight and you can depend on .
I am Not a Glock Fanboy. but I Carry the G26 ,

It's thinner than my daily carry G26 and feels good in the hand with good natural point of aim .
Definitely little lighter price tag than the 26 .
G26 has the better trigger though over the Shield .
But (for me) I think the Shield has better factory sights over my 26 .
The Shield Grip is really THIN and took a bit to get the feel but it's does grip well in the palm anyway .
No Biggie but (to me) the little flip-lever inside for Slide release/breakdown is kind of a odd thing in design, but it is what it is .
Don't think the Shield is factory recommended +P rated . but G26 is .

Hows that 'Flat Coil' spring been holding up ?. Have not heard and negative yet for the long-haul on wear .

The Shield is rated for plus p, shooting plus p rounds in any gun will accelerate wear including glocks. If you wanted more power you should have bought a 40. Just like magnum rifle cartridges wear out a barrel long before standard rounds. I think the shield is superior to blocks in many ways especially the trigger. I owned a couple glocks but now carry my shield and have my HK.

The Shield is rated for plus p, shooting plus p rounds in any gun will accelerate wear including glocks. If you wanted more power you should have bought a 40. Just like magnum rifle cartridges wear out a barrel long before standard rounds. I think the shield is superior to blocks in many ways especially the trigger. I owned a couple glocks but now carry my shield and have my HK.
-
I dont carry, shoot or buy +p ammo or searching looking for more power .
-
edit to add:
Also the Shield is a .40 cal. .

Last Edited:
I keep going back and forth about selling off a Kahr CM9 to get into a Shield since I prefer the longer grip and really only IWB carry, rather than pocket carry anyway. But now I'm thinking that since the price is so low on the thing, I ought to just add to my collection by buying a Shield without selling off a great carry gun in the Kahr.

I'm thinking of getting a 40S&W Shield if I'm keeping the CM9. Anybody do the conversion? I've read about it, but just want to hear if anybody has bought a barrel and tried it out with the 40 Shield...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top