JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a big fan of the M&P series...recently picked up the Shield in 9mm...and put a few hundred rounds through it at the range yesterday.

Quick Thoughts: Nice little gun! It manages recoil surprisingly well. I was returning to original hold very, very quickly for fast follow-up shots. Honestly, I was shooting my M&P9C (compact) at the same trip and could not notice any difference in recoil between them!

Accuracy was as good as I was....I was only firing at 5 and 7 yards.

Sights are skinny but more than adequate.

I sold mine in .40 and regret it. It was a nice shooter and concealed well. I guess I wanted to go even smaller because I dont have alot of places on my body to conceal a pistol(im skinny and dont wear baggy clothes). But I should have kept it. Go much smaller and you lose accuracy and shoot ability in my opinion. Im thinking about an XDs in .45 though. Just because I like the round so much and smith doesnt make the shield in .45.... bummer.

Fisherman's Marine has an ad on them.....
$399.00! That's $40.00 less than I paid for mine when I got it last summer.

Add the TFO NS and you are good to go on the shield, love mine. I've gone through the Walther PPS, Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock 19, H&K P30, Sig P938, Springfield XDs...this was was my journey to the shield. I've had it for a year now and will probably have it for a few more. For me, it's the perfect balance of comfort, shootability (is that a word?), and concealment. Plus the extended mag gives me 9+1.

That's my 2 cents. ;)

I've had mine for over a year and it's been great. Easy to carry, comfortable to shoot. My only complaint initially was finding magazines for a reasonable price, but the supply seems to be better these days.

For those of you who live in Western WA, Federal Way Discount Guns & Indoor Range is running a Smith & Wesson event this weekend (Fri/Sat). I believe they're offering cash/debit card discounts on several S&W guns, including the Shield... along with try-before-you-buy range rental sessions.

I shot a buddy's 40 Shield and really liked it. My wife and I have XDs 45s, but I think I'm going to get a Shield too. The 40 Shield felt a lot more comfortable to shoot. I just wish the mags weren't so hard to find.

I bought mine from a forum member having had a full size M&P, I love the concealment and accuracy. Full size 40 is my HK which can't be beat.

If you are in the Portland area, bring your Shield to Tri County for the April 13th IDPA Bug stages.
BUG stages = no holster!

Everything you need to know here: http://tc-idpa.org/

IDPA BUG = Back Up Gun, but if you read the rules, those work out to be fairly large :)

The Shield can be used as a Stock Service Pistol too.

I bought a Shield 40 from my son in law. Kinda backed into the deal. First time I held it I didn't like the shape of the front strap of the frame, but by the time I shot it I didn't notice it. Really like it and shoot it well.
I think I'll hang onto it for a while.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top