JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There Not bad . definitely good bang for the buck if your looking for a daily carry that is thin. light weight and you can depend on .
I am Not a Glock Fanboy. but I Carry the G26 ,

It's thinner than my daily carry G26 and feels good in the hand with good natural point of aim .
Definitely little lighter price tag than the 26 .
G26 has the better trigger though over the Shield .
But (for me) I think the Shield has better factory sights over my 26 .
The Shield Grip is really THIN and took a bit to get the feel but it's does grip well in the palm anyway .
No Biggie but (to me) the little flip-lever inside for Slide release/breakdown is kind of a odd thing in design, but it is what it is .
Don't think the Shield is factory recommended +P rated . but G26 is .

Hows that 'Flat Coil' spring been holding up ?. Have not heard and negative yet for the long-haul on wear .

The Shield is rated for plus p, shooting plus p rounds in any gun will accelerate wear including glocks. If you wanted more power you should have bought a 40. Just like magnum rifle cartridges wear out a barrel long before standard rounds. I think the shield is superior to blocks in many ways especially the trigger. I owned a couple glocks but now carry my shield and have my HK.

The Shield is rated for plus p, shooting plus p rounds in any gun will accelerate wear including glocks. If you wanted more power you should have bought a 40. Just like magnum rifle cartridges wear out a barrel long before standard rounds. I think the shield is superior to blocks in many ways especially the trigger. I owned a couple glocks but now carry my shield and have my HK.
-
I dont carry, shoot or buy +p ammo or searching looking for more power .
-
edit to add:
Also the Shield is a .40 cal. .

Last Edited:
I keep going back and forth about selling off a Kahr CM9 to get into a Shield since I prefer the longer grip and really only IWB carry, rather than pocket carry anyway. But now I'm thinking that since the price is so low on the thing, I ought to just add to my collection by buying a Shield without selling off a great carry gun in the Kahr.

I'm thinking of getting a 40S&W Shield if I'm keeping the CM9. Anybody do the conversion? I've read about it, but just want to hear if anybody has bought a barrel and tried it out with the 40 Shield...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top