JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
564272FB-DA06-4AAF-81E2-064F159468BC.jpeg

So I had some range time today and the first two rounds of Minuteman P+ JHP did this.

I sent those pics to my gun guy and he said he thought it was a chamber issue.We broke it down on the counter and discovered that a 9mm cartridge had way too much play. And when he gauged the chamber, it took a .391 gauge! Way too far out of spec. I never noticed before because I have not shot that gun below 40-45 degrees, and I believe cold made the brass brittle as today was below freezing with the wind chill.

The remedy should be sending the gun to S&W and they will replace the barrel once they see for themselves. Negative on that. No way in hell I am mailing off my EDC in this climate.

A new S&W barrel was $43.00 on Ebay and I keep my gun.

Discuss.

I just wouldn't carry that any longer.
I know of a guy with a decent deal on a micro .380 -

In all seriousness, I would probably not trust that eBay barrel right away, either. I'm not personally familiar with the sigma line from s&w but haven't heard great things. If it works for you, great. I would switch brands, or at least switch to an m&p model.

Replacement barrel is a life gives you lemons response.

Long term, I am seriously considering a bigger pill, and for EDC I would entertain the right wheel gun. It was NOT a good feeling to have first round jam up the works. The plates don't shoot back, but that gun goes with me everywhere for the past two years. Makes me shudder to think if I had not shot today in the cold I may not have learned of the problem until it was too late!

I am less concerned about capacity than I was a few years ago, as I have acquired more appropriate fighting weapons than I had back then.

I get the sentiment, but the two guns are so similar that I seem to recall Glock gets a spiff from S&W for everyone they sell.
The rest of the gun is fine and I have broken it in and run thousands of rounds through it. It eats everything but is not fond of steel cases.
A new barrel in the proper tolerance should be all I need.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top