JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I helped my dad get into a sweet little 586 that he absolutely loves... but here's the problem..
When we first got it, it had Wolff redux weight springs in it that gave it an amazingly light double action pull, but it was horribly unreliable. We had the stock springs put back in and that took care of the reliability issue, but Dad is late 70's and has Parkinson's, so the factory double action is a little heavy for him... Obviously a good trigger job done right by a good Smith is the solution, but I want to make sure I find him the best work for the best $...
What kind of reduction can he get and who do y'all recommend to do it?
I believe it's a dash 8... the latest version of the 586.
Thanks in advance!

Last Edited:
Spring kits have their place - personally, I think it is in the garbage. And there is more to a good tuning than just fixing the spring tension.

Spring kits have their place - personally, I think it is in the garbage. And there is more to a good tuning than just fixing the spring tension.
Wouldn't have put them in personally...
I got it with them already installed.
I've actually had really good luck with spring kits on the AR platform... KAW Valley specifically, but it's a real easy swap if they become troublesome... a bit more involved with a wheel gun.

Spring kits are great with worn out springs like on my Romanian Tokarev. It needed a new set as the previous set were extremely dubious. I have a Wolff set in it.

Personally watching the thread with interest.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top