JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Russia is planning to build a factory to manufacture bullets for AK-47 rifles in Cuba, according to Russian officials.

The head of the country's Military Cooperation Federation, Konstantin Biriulin, told press that the materials to make the factory had been transported to Cuba some years ago, though he did not give a timescale for the opening of the facility, or its capacity, according to reports.

Russia has launched a similar scheme in Venezuela, announcing plans in 2010 to open a factory to manufacture AK-103 rifles and ammunition. The factory is reportedly set to begin production in 2012. It was originally due to open in March 2011, suggesting that the Cuban factory might take a similarly long time to get off the ground.

As the weapon of choice of many criminal groups and insurgencies, the Kalashnikov rifles and ammo to be produced in Cuba and Venezuela could be a dangerous addition to the supply of arms in the region.

LINK

I guess Cuba can now get into the arms supplies into Mexico!

It will make all the Bear ammunition cheaper to ship and quicker to arrive. Who do you think the worlds biggest buyer of Tula and Bear ammo is? I bet it is the only country with a 2nd amendment.

Canada has no such embargo (you can buy Cuban fatties up there)... Just ship the ammo there, rebrand it and ship it to the U.S.A. I hope this will increase the ammo supply, because I'm down to my last 5,000 rounds of 7.62x39! LOL!

Canada has no such embargo (you can buy Cuban fatties up there)... Just ship the ammo there, rebrand it and ship it to the U.S.A. I hope this will increase the ammo supply, because I'm down to my last 5,000 rounds of 7.62x39! LOL!

If it was as simple as that don't you think the local cigar shop would be selling Cubans with Canadian labels on them?

Russia is planning to build a factory to manufacture bullets for AK-47 rifles in Cuba, according to Russian officials.

And then in a few years maybe a case factory, then a primer factory, and eventually a powder factory?

:)

Bruce

Russia loves to pester us. They've been doing it since the 50's.

They can bolster relations with Cuba by giving them some industry, and then Cuba can sell to Mexico and S. and Central America.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top