JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone has the right to follow anyone, or anything for that matter. But the reason for the rule here at this forum is to prevent us from offending each other with our own beliefs. When you poke fun at the head of ANY religeon, the followers of that religeon are going to be angry at you for mocking their God. By name. THAT is where the line is crossed.

Anyone has the right to follow anyone, or anything for that matter. But the reason for the rule here at this forum is to prevent us from offending each other with our own beliefs. When you poke fun at the head of ANY religeon, the followers of that religeon are going to be angry at you for mocking their God. By name. THAT is where the line is crossed.
I know I would be horribly offended if someone suggest that just because I am religious that I automatically have no sense of humor. Especially small harmless puns. I would not want that person speaking for me or my religion. :)

Good Mornin'

I wanted to post a couple of ads "for sale", and I have run into a minor problem.

In the prefix section there really is not any of the pre-selected prefixes that apply to me, since I am not from OR or WA, but Idaho. As I tried to leave it with no prefix, but of course get the little reminder that I needed a prefix.

Is there any way to come to an agreeable solution to this problem?

Thanx so much,

Bob
III

Good Mornin'

I wanted to post a couple of ads "for sale", and I have run into a minor problem.

In the prefix section there really is not any of the pre-selected prefixes that apply to me, since I am not from OR or WA, but Idaho. As I tried to leave it with no prefix, but of course get the little reminder that I needed a prefix.

Is there any way to come to an agreeable solution to this problem?

Thanx so much,

Bob
III

Good point.
There are people that live on the border of 2 states also that may want to sell mags or ammo to people of either state.

I applaud Joey and his Goals. We as gun owners need to be organized and Joey's vision for this forum is a great way to move in that direction.

Thanks for the hard work Joey, that extends to anyone who is helping with this site.

Reading through your rules, I still find #13 a bit unclear:

13. Do not bump a thread more than once per week.

"Bumping" refers to posting useless information, making unnecessary corrections or updates in a post, posting one-liners (such as "Bump," "Back to Top," "BTT") or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum. Excessive bumping is rude and selfish, and does not respect the right of other members and participants to have their posts viewed and responded to. In order to strike a balance between a legitimate wish to refresh a post or topic that has not been satisfactorily answered, and the needs of other members and participants to have their posts viewed, members are allowed to bump their own posts only one week after the post was first entered, or one week after the last bump. Members shall not "bump" a thread initiated by another person.

So if the information is NOT useless, and pertinant to the sale, the seller should NOT receive a warning from an admin. Im I correct to assume this?

Its pretty obvious to the moderators when it is a user trying to sell a gun quickly.

Also what would be something that isn't included in the rule that would be "important'? "updates in a post" is included as a bump.

Correct.. The mods should understand our side of the story. If I feel its important, I would like to bump. Then come the Mods, who feel it is not so important.

The other members are the ones complaining.
You can find them on Page 2 of the classifieds because the "illegal bumpers" push them there.

If you have something important to add, just edit the original post. Simple.

Reading through your rules, I still find #13 a bit unclear:

13. Do not bump a thread more than once per week.

"Bumping" refers to posting useless information, making unnecessary corrections or updates in a post, posting one-liners (such as "Bump," "Back to Top," "BTT") or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum. Excessive bumping is rude and selfish, and does not respect the right of other members and participants to have their posts viewed and responded to. In order to strike a balance between a legitimate wish to refresh a post or topic that has not been satisfactorily answered, and the needs of other members and participants to have their posts viewed, members are allowed to bump their own posts only one week after the post was first entered, or one week after the last bump. Members shall not "bump" a thread initiated by another person.

So if the information is NOT useless, and pertinant to the sale, the seller should NOT receive a warning from an admin. Im I correct to assume this?

Your right. I'll see if Joey can get rid of this part.

"Bumping" refers to posting useless information, making unnecessary corrections or updates in a post, posting one-liners (such as "Bump," "Back to Top," "BTT") or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its Forum.

I'm in the middle of a trade with a guy whose handle on here is Vince. Just got back home and discovered that he has been banned from the site (thought something was funny when I couldn't send him a PM last night).

Can I get a PM from a moderator explaining why he was banned. It's a little late at the moment and hopefully not pertinant to my situation but I would like to know.

Thank You,
Ron Patton

The other members are the ones complaining.
You can find them on Page 2 of the classifieds because the "illegal bumpers" push them there.

If you have something important to add, just edit the original post. Simple.

But what if the seller forgot an important detail in the original post that they have had questions about? Sure, we can update the OP, but for those who may have been interested in your item had a specific description been there, they may have sold it. By updating the OP AND bumping it indicating the new change, or addition, this will give past veiwers a chance to reconsider their interest. Otherwise they may not look at it again thinking it isn't exactly what they want. Example: I post a Colt 1911 for $800. Someone see's it thinking it's a 45acp, and continues with their life. I update it to specify it is actually a 38 Super, which that veiwer would have jumped on because that is what they wanted. Without the bump indicating the additional detail, that person may never look at the post again, and the seller may not make a sale because nobody else wants a 38 super. With the bump, the other guy has a better chance of noticing and a sale can be made.

Just one of many possibilities why I feel some bumps are acceptable.

But what if the seller forgot an important detail in the original post that they have had questions about? Sure, we can update the OP, but for those who may have been interested in your item had a specific description been there, they may have sold it. By updating the OP AND bumping it indicating the new change, or addition, this will give past veiwers a chance to reconsider their interest. Otherwise they may not look at it again thinking it isn't exactly what they want. Example: I post a Colt 1911 for $800. Someone see's it thinking it's a 45acp, and continues with their life. I update it to specify it is actually a 38 Super, which that veiwer would have jumped on because that is what they wanted. Without the bump indicating the additional detail, that person may never look at the post again, and the seller may not make a sale because nobody else wants a 38 super. With the bump, the other guy has a better chance of noticing and a sale can be made.

Just one of many possibilities why I feel some bumps are acceptable.

+1

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads