JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Put some grease at the connection points on the trigger, trigger link, pawl, hammer and transfer bar then do some dry firing.
Will Slip2000 work? I have a jar of that for my sig.

Also, can I replace the hammer spring but leave the trigger spring?

Mine doesn't have burrs yet, thankfully.

Will Slip2000 work? I have a jar of that for my sig.

Also, can I replace the hammer spring but leave the trigger spring?

Mine doesn't have burrs yet, thankfully.

Slip2000 is more of a oil than grease. The thing about grease is it will stick in place like glue while oil will run away. I would forego changing spring until after trying the grease and dry fire routine, but that is me and I tend not replace parts unless the are worn or broken.

My gun grease preference is Tetra Fluoropolymer. I use it for the trigger somponents of my Glocks. It doesn't attract dust, does not change or break down in heat or cold, and is virtually permanent once applied. Once it coats the surface, it binds with the metal for a super slick result. However, in the closed section of a revolver trigger, not sure it would make a difference.

You can use the hammer spring and not the trigger return spring. The burrs usually hide themselves deep in the internals of the workings. Have you disassembled the revolver and looked of them?

You can use the hammer spring and not the trigger return spring. The burrs usually hide themselves deep in the internals of the workings. Have you disassembled the revolver and looked of them?
I have not taken apart the trigger assembley, only removed it and stripped it down to that point. Would they be deeper?

Yes, i prefer EWG for grease. If you wanted an oil in there, i would stick to the EWL30 but i actually prefer Seal1 inside that area.

Yes, i prefer EWG for grease. If you wanted an oil in there, i would stick to the EWL30 but i actually prefer Seal1 inside that area.
If I want a good oil, I usually use M-Pro7, but I'll probably get something different since M-Pro 7 seems to have nearly doubled in price.

I like MPro7 stuff a lot, but i don't consider their strength to be their oils, it just seems to be an also ran. I stick to their cleaner and use Slip2000 stuff for stuff that needs oil and grease, and my general protectant and lube is Seal1.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top