JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a problem... either 14lbs on the double action pull is ridiculously heavy or I have a weak finger.
What can I do to make this lighter?

Does Wilson make a good spring kit, or do I need Wolf?

Wolf kit worked well in my GP100, i went light on the hammer spring and i think medium on the trigger return, as it became a hair trigger otherwise.

I had a GP100-22 with a decent DA break that worsened over time; disassembly discovered it had grown a heavy spur off to one side of the sear.

Crocus cloth, a little light ceramic stoning, Wolfe sping set, all was well.

For a while.

Last Edited:
I have a couple of SP101s. I cleaned up the burrs, polished some of the internals, and installed a shim kit. After that, I installed the lightest springs from Wolff - 9# hammer and 8# trigger return. Both have been reliable through ~1000 rounds. The lighter trigger return spring does take some practice to ensure the trigger fully resets.

I have a GP100 with the same treatment, but it would not work with the lightest hammer spring. If you search the internet, you will find my experience is common. Some Rugers work with the lightest springs, some do not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top