Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger Services

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by taylor, Feb 22, 2010.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I have an older Vaquero .45lc, I called and asked if they would fit an .45acp cylinder and was told they don't do this for the Vaquero? I thought they did.
    Then I asked how much to shorten the barrel from 7 1/2" to4 5/8" and was told $300!
    Where can I get a barrel shortened for a reasonable price?
    Taylor

2. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

It is impossible to sight in a fixed sight model for 2 calibers, since what is right for 45 colt will not be right for 45 acp. You may just have to bite the bullet, as it were, and get a Convertible BH. I've got one. And a few Vaqueros...

3. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Check Rangemaster gunworks to get the barrel cut Jeff does decent work for a fair price and if does not think he can do it he will be up front and honest with ya.

4. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I just got a 50th anniversary BH 4 5/8 in .357. I was thinking of 9mm conv. until I heard they weren't that accurate.
    I'll call Rangemaster for the Vaquero.
    Taylor

5. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Why not just sell the gun and get the style length that you want? (unless that length isn't offered) Its usually easier that way, since cutting a barrel not only costs money, but drops the value of the gun most of the time.