JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
$85.00
This is a Ruger MkIII steel upper receiver that started life on a .22/45 frame. After some minor machining, it was fitted to a Ruger MkIII Standard steel frame. This was done at the time because Ruger did not have a threaded barrel option for the MkIII. Ultimately, the lower frame was used with yet another upper receiver, and the receiver you see here became excess. This would be great for a build project, or as a spare threaded barrel receiver for a MkII or MkIII Standard frame. There is no bolt included. As this is the serial numbered part of the Ruger pistol, it can only be transferred through an FFL dealer. I will have my FFL ship this receiver to the FFL of your choice, as long as a current signed copy of that FFL is provided to me. Shipping charge for transfer will an additional $35.00 to include insurance. NO SHIPMENTS TO CALIFORNIA. Potential buyer is responsible for knowing the law in the State or local jurisdiction where he resides with regard to the legalities of owning this receiver. Free shipping to the lower 48 contiguous States. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii may be higher, and will be covered by the buyer. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2877.JPG IMG_2878.JPG IMG_2879.JPG IMG_2880.JPG IMG_2881.JPG

So does this still fit a 22/45 mkiii lower or did the machining eliminate that option?
Yes, it would still fit, but would be loose on a 22/45 polymer frame now. The upper receiver is identical between the 22/45 and standard with the exception that forward portion of the upper receiver that attaches over the front lug on the frame of the 22/45 had been staked, or squashed down slightly in order the fit the polymer frame. Not sure if they did this on a gun by gun basis, but if you try to put that upper on a standard steel frame, it was too tight, and you could not mount it. The solution was to get under the front mounting area of the upper receiver, and round this out with a burr until just enough metal was removed to allow this to fit on a steel frame. This only took a minimal amount of work, but it makes all the difference in allowing this to fit on the steel frame. Hope this explanation makes sense. One of those things that is hard to described but would be obvious when actually seen. I was not a 22/45 polymer frame fan at the time, and wanted this for my steel frame.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.