JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm not super fond of the stock option rail for mounting a Vortex Venom on my Ruger MK III and have found one that looks good but thought I'd ask before I commit to buying something.

This is what I have found:

$65 isn't super cheap for me but I guess buy once cry once.

I don't like the ADE option on Amazon using the rail holes for co-witness.

Anyway thanks for any input!

40A6B51D-D981-4CB0-A0CA-86B653ACD69C.jpeg

Yeah I never liked that Ruger rail either but I'd prefer to have a low-profile mount that doesn't require me to remove the sights, kinda like that ADE one.

I actually can't stand the stock sights on the gun. I love everything else about it though so ideally I'd like to take them off.

That and I'd like the red dot not to be above the ejection port.

That $65 plate at 0.05" off the barrel is looking like a very good option for what I would like.

Thanks so much for the input so far!

I use the Burris Fastfire mount on my Mk III. I have several Fastfire dots and I really like them. One
has been on the slide of a 45 for many years with no issues. The mounting plates are ridiculously
high priced. It is like buying printer ink cartridges. After I took this picture I have added a Tademkross
shadow mount to the SW22 Victory. Works great no complaints but the price. Getting the dot
closer to the bore axis will make the pistol more accurate.
1675704875665.png

I have an older 22/45 which isn't drilled/tapped. Most recommended mount I found was the Weigand, which mounts in the rear sight dovetail after removing the sight. It works fine, but mounts,fairly high above the bore. My only complaint.

I have an older 22/45 which isn't drilled/tapped. Most recommended mount I found was the Weigand, which mounts in the rear sight dovetail after removing the sight. It works fine, but mounts,fairly high above the bore. My only complaint.
I had not even thought of that, the old MK's made before they were drilled and tapped. Have an old MKII 22/45 bought to teach Wife to shoot like that. I had long ago bought a mount called SoLow to put a dot on it using the rear site dovetail. Worked but I ended up giving it away after I bought the first MK ready for a rail. The one Joe 13 mentioned https://farrow.tech/ruger-mk-i-ii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-mount/
will work on these. Now that my eye's are a LOT older than they were when I bought the Wife that old MK those irons are hard for me but I still love the old pistol. Think I will have to try one of these matched with a nice dot for it. Bring it back to fun to shoot again!

Well the Farrow Tech one sucked:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top