JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm not super fond of the stock option rail for mounting a Vortex Venom on my Ruger MK III and have found one that looks good but thought I'd ask before I commit to buying something.

This is what I have found:

$65 isn't super cheap for me but I guess buy once cry once.

I don't like the ADE option on Amazon using the rail holes for co-witness.

Anyway thanks for any input!

40A6B51D-D981-4CB0-A0CA-86B653ACD69C.jpeg

Yeah I never liked that Ruger rail either but I'd prefer to have a low-profile mount that doesn't require me to remove the sights, kinda like that ADE one.

I actually can't stand the stock sights on the gun. I love everything else about it though so ideally I'd like to take them off.

That and I'd like the red dot not to be above the ejection port.

That $65 plate at 0.05" off the barrel is looking like a very good option for what I would like.

Thanks so much for the input so far!

I use the Burris Fastfire mount on my Mk III. I have several Fastfire dots and I really like them. One
has been on the slide of a 45 for many years with no issues. The mounting plates are ridiculously
high priced. It is like buying printer ink cartridges. After I took this picture I have added a Tademkross
shadow mount to the SW22 Victory. Works great no complaints but the price. Getting the dot
closer to the bore axis will make the pistol more accurate.
1675704875665.png

I have an older 22/45 which isn't drilled/tapped. Most recommended mount I found was the Weigand, which mounts in the rear sight dovetail after removing the sight. It works fine, but mounts,fairly high above the bore. My only complaint.

I have an older 22/45 which isn't drilled/tapped. Most recommended mount I found was the Weigand, which mounts in the rear sight dovetail after removing the sight. It works fine, but mounts,fairly high above the bore. My only complaint.
I had not even thought of that, the old MK's made before they were drilled and tapped. Have an old MKII 22/45 bought to teach Wife to shoot like that. I had long ago bought a mount called SoLow to put a dot on it using the rear site dovetail. Worked but I ended up giving it away after I bought the first MK ready for a rail. The one Joe 13 mentioned https://farrow.tech/ruger-mk-i-ii-iii-iv-low-profile-red-dot-mount/
will work on these. Now that my eye's are a LOT older than they were when I bought the Wife that old MK those irons are hard for me but I still love the old pistol. Think I will have to try one of these matched with a nice dot for it. Bring it back to fun to shoot again!

Well the Farrow Tech one sucked:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads