Ruger Mark I,II,III & IV Target Pistols

Reactions
Every now and then, quite often enough, I get a question concerning why sort of holster a Ruger Mark Target pistol owner can get that doesn't shave leather out of. Well, my first response is NONE, not with that style sight in place. Most of you probably already know what those older target version front sights look like. They are indeed sharp at the rear face and are indeed prone to shaving grooves in a leather holster when drawn from it. The remedy does not necessarily involve a new holster, but maybe a **NEW** type of front sight:
36XX0PK.jpg
This modified front sight will never score leather out of a good holster, but instead will glide right on out and then back in again, never removing any leather at all.

Reactions
Ouch! I can imagine, the top of those factory sights are quite sharp.
Yep. I was holding holster in left hand and pulling pistol out with my right hand to condition it a bit so the draw was smoother and I left the meat of my hand in the way of the front sight hood and that front sight acted like a darn shovel on to the meat of my hand. I was able to carefully put things back together and it ended up healing and the skin/meat survived for the most part, but that was a lesson I only needed to get once.

Reactions
No smart phone, no camera, pretty simple....
Lately it feels like dial up speeds of old....

Don't see what the big deal is, it looks just like the one SGW posted but with a shorter barrel.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom