JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger has a fantastic warranty, have you contacted them?
I have not tried yet but will it seems like the original owner basically shot it till it quit and from my taking it apart well it was probably the first time since the 80's . There is no way someone could have shot it like that the firing pin would not even set in the channel .

I will hit Ruger up but a used pistol from the 1980's I wont keep my hopes up . I don't think they owe me anything but like Sig they surprised me with new parts on the free for a old P225 . I will keep my people posted on how Ruger does me or not but I shall not hate .

I have a Mark II stainless 10" that I bought in 1985. I used to shoot a lot (IHMSA, hunting, target shooting, etc.). I've sent the gun back to Ruger twice to have the bolt replaced after the end with the cocking ears popped off. First time was during a silhouette match. Replaced without charge both times.

I have literally shot my Ruger to pieces. Twice. Ruger customer service is good to go.

I don't shoot nearly as much as I did in my younger days, but the Mark II is still going strong and is one of my favorite guns.

Ruger has a fantastic warranty, have you contacted them?
Ruger is only offering very limited support for Mark 1s. A few years ago, I acquired a used Mark I. It was a very good deal and I should have allowed the alarm bells to go off for a deal to good to be true. I sent it to Ruger seeking their help. They responded that they could not help, but offered current Mark IVs to me at a very good price as a good well gesture. I took Ruger up on their very generous offer. I was really appreciative of what Ruger did for me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads