JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every now and then, quite often enough, I get a question concerning why sort of holster a Ruger Mark Target pistol owner can get that doesn't shave leather out of. Well, my first response is NONE, not with that style sight in place. Most of you probably already know what those older target version front sights look like. They are indeed sharp at the rear face and are indeed prone to shaving grooves in a leather holster when drawn from it. The remedy does not necessarily involve a new holster, but maybe a **NEW** type of front sight:
36XX0PK.jpg
This modified front sight will never score leather out of a good holster, but instead will glide right on out and then back in again, never removing any leather at all.

Ouch! I can imagine, the top of those factory sights are quite sharp.

Yep. I was holding holster in left hand and pulling pistol out with my right hand to condition it a bit so the draw was smoother and I left the meat of my hand in the way of the front sight hood and that front sight acted like a darn shovel on to the meat of my hand. I was able to carefully put things back together and it ended up healing and the skin/meat survived for the most part, but that was a lesson I only needed to get once.

No smart phone, no camera, pretty simple....
Lately it feels like dial up speeds of old....

Don't see what the big deal is, it looks just like the one SGW posted but with a shorter barrel.

Don't see what the big deal is, it looks just like the one SGW posted but with a shorter barrel.

It's his way of saying he doesn't believe you.
Apparently this is the first backwards sloped (snag-proof?) front post sight on a MK pistol ever seen before by mortal men. :cool:

He's plugging his wares is all.

Every now and then, quite often enough, I get a question concerning why sort of holster a Ruger Mark Target pistol owner can get that doesn't shave leather out of. Well, my first response is NONE, not with that style sight in place. Most of you probably already know what those older target version front sights look like. They are indeed sharp at the rear face and are indeed prone to shaving grooves in a leather holster when drawn from it. The remedy does not necessarily involve a new holster, but maybe a **NEW** type of front sight:
View attachment 726429
This modified front sight will never score leather out of a good holster, but instead will glide right on out and then back in again, never removing any leather at all.
Don't see too many of those blued slab sides^^^^

I picked up a Mk I target, and the bolt ate itself up now I am looking for a Mk I bolt! The long of the short is the firing pin return spring was in two pieces (no bueno) ! I thought that a new spring was needed (wrong ) . The pocket for the spring holder was worn out. The solution order a new MK IV bolt will it work with a Mk I no !! but it will if you have a Mk I with a Tactical Solutions upper so the donor Mk I standard bolt goes to the Target. The new Mk IV bolt goes to the Mk with the Tac SOL upper. I am still stuck with a deadlined bolt does anyone know how to fix the pocket which has worn out or is it a lost cause?

Last Edited:
I picked up a Mk I target, and the bolt ate itself up now I am looking for a Mk I bolt! The long of the short is the firing pin return spring was in two pieces (no bueno) ! I thought that a new spring was needed (wrong ) . The pocket for the spring holder was worn out. The solution order a new MK IV bolt will it work with a Mk I no !! but it will if you have a Mk I with a Tactical Solutions upper so the donor Mk I standard bolt goes to the Target. The new Mk IV bolt goes to the Mk with the Tac SOL upper. I am still stuck with a deadlined bolt does anyone know how to fix the pocket which has worn out or is it a lost cause?
Ruger has a fantastic warranty, have you contacted them?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top