JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I would post up a small how to on upgrading a Ruger Mark 3 as I have seen numerous videos that do not contain the best info.

I started with a Mark III SS Hunter:
IMG_3149.PNG

First thing I did was replace the grips which is pretty straight forward - I bought the grip and SS screws from Amazon:
IMG_3036.JPG

Next I decided to upgrade the trigger - now this is where I saw a lot of people doing it incorrectly.

If you want to remove the magazine disconnect then the best way to do it is to order this kit (different number for the black trigger):

Accurizing Kit | Volquartsen Firearms
Accurizing Kit, MKII or MKIII, Silver, Stainless Trigger [VC2AK‑S‑ST]

This kit comes with a disconnect bushing and doesn't require you to purchase one separately. (I noticed a TON of videos showing a Tandemkross disconnect bushing needing to be installed with a hammer - the Volquartsen bushing slips in without any resistance)

The MKIII kit doesn't come with the magazine disconnect bushing.

I used these 2 videos together to replace the internals on my pistol. Total time for me was 2 hours but included the breakdown and cleaning plus replacement and reassembly. (Use a cookie sheet or some type of large container tonwork over cuz you will drop parts!!!)

That video doesn't cover the magazine disconnect so I also used this video:

IMG_3062.JPG

With a little playing with the set screws I was able to get the 2.25 lb trigger pull with almost zero over travel or reset (don't forget blue loctite on those set screws).

Now there are other numerous ad on's and replacements that I may or may not do in the future, but I actually like it pretty well just as is. I would add a red dot if I wanted to shoot competitions with it and maybe an aftermarket bolt.

2 more things I did that added a lot of value for the money.

First is extra magazines!! 2 packs of Ruger new in the box mags ran me $31 with free shipping on EBay. I bought 2 packs.

Second, and this has got more questions and comments then my actual gun lol, is a speed loader. The first time I went out my thumb was numb after shooting.

There are MANY designs out there but nothing better then this guy:

IMG_3148.PNG

***Warning - you will go thru a BUNCH more ammo in the same amount of time, reloads at 3-5 seconds makes for a LOT more shooting:D.

Video on how it works:

*Yes, quick spray of Rem Oil makes all the difference;).

So to date that is as far as I've gone on my Upgrades. If I eventually add more then I'll edit this thread and link what I did

After it was all said and done, this is my target at 25 feet with 100 rounds in it:
IMG_3069.PNG IMG_3070.JPG

Last Edited:
Sounds fun! I've got a Volquartsen sear and a couple other parts waiting to be installed when I get the nerve. I'm flying to NJ on weds and will study the videos on the flight. Hopefully that won't get me dragged off, LOL

Sounds fun! I've got a Volquartsen sear and a couple other parts waiting to be installed when I get the nerve. I'm flying to NJ on weds and will study the videos on the flight. Hopefully that won't get me dragged off, LOL

If they question you tell them your writing an article about gun mods that make assault pistols shoot faster for your blog and it's research;):D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top