JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a couple of 10-22s, but never kept them for long. They are great guns with a huge aftermarket support. That usually leads to some of the modded ones up for sale. I'd say if you found one that had at least some of the planned mods already done, it could be a money saver.
My last 10-22 I bought the factory target version with the heavy barrel and target laminate stock. Threw some decent glass on it and it shoots quite well. I know sky is the limit when it comes to 10-22 mods, I just didn't want to drop 2 grand on a .22.
This is the only 10-22 that ever really interested me. I shoulda bought the one when I saw it, because they seem to be scarce.

I've had a couple of 10-22s, but never kept them for long. They are great guns with a huge aftermarket support. That usually leads to some of the modded ones up for sale. I'd say if you found one that had at least some of the planned mods already done, it could be a money saver.

This is the only 10-22 that ever really interested me. I shoulda bought the one when I saw it, because they seem to be scarce.
That's exactly what happen when I bought the brand new stock 10/22 with a stroke of luck for beginners choice. It already has the 16" bull barrel, up one level trigger and a solid picatinny rail. It is very good for someone like myself that is a novice on firearm that wants something in a "better" category. The only thing I added are the 2 optics, a rifle bag and works perfect for my needs. I made a very slight modification in extending the spring/plunger by just filing it gradually (only time involve) to improve the more solid positioning of BX-25 cartridge. So far I have no plans of adding anything else. This is one of the firearm that made me buy a substantial amount of ammo. I have special ones too but I'm already happy using the federal automatch as like my everyday get go.
The reason why I post that ad for it might be useful to someone. Besides its on clearance sale right now for $360.00, I think I made an excellent decision buying one a few months ago for $400. :s0090:
I have a 10/22 75th anniversary but I think there is no need for me to open and use it as of today.

Last Edited:
I just bought a 10 22 mag with volquartsen barrel and trigger. Haven't shot it yet 1000002444.jpg

I don't need spring to be here to shoot. Even thought I don't shoot everyday for work now, I still try to shoot a couple times a week, after all I do manage 2400 acers
Beautiful. You have all the time and amenities. :s0090:
When I go to Bi-Mart or any firearm section and I see those steel plate targets, I say to myself maybe I should plan ahead in getting a bigger property. Just the other day I was talking to my wife for we want to spend time together with the family on local fishing. At the same time I mentioned this boat they're selling locally. She didn't say anything but I began to realize that shes been putting up with me for I have so many things going on at the same time. Besides 2 jobs, classic car collection, flying model planes, roller skating, hi fidelity, firearms and now boat? The last thing I might end up seeing myself is her leaving me for another guy and especially if its a rapper. Then I'm in Double-Trouble! :s0140:

@Diamondback, somehow I missed this thread a couple years back. Did you ever get your Midwest chassis for your takedown? If not, I bought a takedown model from them erroneously and would make you a heck of a deal on it because I cannot return it and do not have a takedown 10/22.
Build's finished, got a Ruger OEM off eBay - Midwest isn't compatible with the folding grip.

Newest "chassis " on the block. SB tactical, m lok compatible. Brownells had them for $100 last week.

View attachment 1062409View attachment 1062410

I was given a stock 10/22 20+ years ago. Pulled it out of the safe last year and made some modifications: new barrel, new stock, trigger pack, etc. It was super easy to work on, and relatively inexpensive.

Hard to go wrong with the 10/22!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads