JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not going to lie, I really want one!

upload_2019-7-13_20-21-47.jpeg
upload_2019-7-13_20-22-0.jpeg

Ok, at what point is this overboard? We've gone from a time where families had guns and used them to put food on the table, protect livestock, defend ourselves, win wars, etc. Now they've become like toy poodles. Its a great analogy because the toy poodle is a descendent from wolves and look where it ended up.

Ok, at what point is this overboard? We've gone from a time where families had guns and used them to put food on the table, protect livestock, defend ourselves, win wars, etc. Now they've become like toy poodles. Its a great analogy because the toy poodle is a descendent from wolves and look where it ended up.
There's 1st world problems and then there's 1st world bonuses. Not sure about the toy poodles though. All I know is that when the grid goes down, they will be the first species to go extinct.

I won't, I don't like the Stars and Stripes being used as artwork and decoration.

Did not really understand the analogy. The gruberment would not try to confiscate toy poodles so if your analogy is correct and guns are like toy poodles, maybe that's a good thing. :)

Lot of folks own artistic firearms with beautiful engraving, fancy wood stocks, etc. This has been going on for at least 50 years that I can remember. Many of those guns are used to bring home meat for the table. ;)

Did not really understand the analogy. The gruberment would not try to confiscate toy poodles so if your analogy is correct and guns are like toy poodles, maybe that's a good thing. :)

Lot of folks own artistic firearms with beautiful engraving, fancy wood stocks, etc. This has been going on for at least 50 years that I can remember. Many of those guns are used to bring home meat for the table. ;)

Its the perfect analogy. We've bred the wolf out of the poodle, creating an ornament that is a shadow of what it once was.

You think those rifles are anything but gimmick? We've dumbed down American gun owners to turning their backs on finely made firearms and buying the cheapest crap out there.

Its the perfect analogy. We've bred the wolf out of the poodle, creating an ornament that is a shadow of what it once was.

You think those rifles are anything but gimmick? We've dumbed down American gun owners to turning their backs on finely made firearms and buying the cheapest crap out there.

You may be right - this thread could be a hoax. I could not find any info on the Ruger website for these. Reno is this a hoax?? :)

I'll bet those painted guns will shoot OK. I'm fine with a plain old black one myself, but if someone wants to celebrate 'Murica, I'm OK with that. It's back in style in the last couple of years.

Are you OK with "normal" ARs?

Here's a piece of "AR" artwork:
SHOT Show Report: 'Pimped' Turnbull TAR-10 Sells for $136,024 « Daily Bulletin

Here's a nice Browning piece of artwork:
Citori Grade VII Lightning, Blue

I won't, I don't like the Stars and Stripes being used as artwork and decoration.
Well, US code expressly states that the Flag should not be used as apparel, etc. I am going to the beach tomorrow. I am going to inform the ladies wearing flag bikinis that they should remove them immediately or face US citizens arrest. Who's with me and what could go wrong? :rolleyes:
4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

It's just tacticool evolving to the next level. Be thankful that it skipped the NASCAR level.

Your poodle analogy is terrible. Those rifles will kill you just as dead if they were black or with a rattle can Op3r8ToR paint job as they would with The Stars and Stripes. A Wolf would kill you much better and much more efficiency than a poodle. Credit where it's due, poodles are very smart- possibly the most intelligent breed. You may think it's gaudy, but like all paint-jobs, it's about luring in the fish that like that particular sheen. I don't see this as any different than the factory "battle worn" that Sig is putting out, the Pink stuff they make for ladies, little girls and some dudes. It's literally just a paint job, there's no gimmick...it's just not all black. There's not cheap part substitution...its just a paint job, and probably a sh!t one at that. If you painted bright pink d!cks all over an STI/5.0 Mustang/Hellcat/C63 AMG/M4/S6/Supra, would it make any difference to how it performs? Some make gawk or laugh but it still performs. "Something-something a book by its cover".

Well, US code expressly states that the Flag should not be used as apparel, etc. I am going to the beach tomorrow. I am going to inform the ladies wearing flag bikinis that they should remove them immediately or face US citizens arrest. Who's with me and what could go wrong? :rolleyes:
4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

Back when they were still enforcing that code some TV talk host got himself arrested for that, as a ploy. Then went on the show with the shirt on again with them blacking him out. With a message he was wearing a shirt that may offend, as a stunt. It was soon after that most places give up enforcing that law.

At the point where it CAN'T be used to hunt or defend ourselves. As gimmicky as this is, it can still be used for that at least.

Different strokes for different folks. Do I like my Henry? Yes, the brass and wood look like they come together in perfect harmony.

I, however, also like other stuff. FALs, AKs, and even older rifles.

Pic warning;NSFW:

D210C13E-AA91-4B86-96F8-435D299A47CD.jpeg 862FA30A-B9B8-46BE-903B-F812CAD3D14E.jpeg 95F0FA2B-8F6E-42FD-B5B7-D7DA9E259274.jpeg C415B2E5-6086-43D4-9BF1-353E36192492.jpeg 8BD9D488-FCF5-490B-8270-D7804691F9B7.jpeg

I personally don't care for flags used as decor.
But I'm not against other folks doing what they do as long as it's respectful.

I bought my Scout with the OD/Black US flag furniture because it was the best price I could find for one and I looked a long time. The furniture is now stored away and it wears a used GI walnut stock I bought for it.

So as long as the flag is treated with the dignity it has earned, have a nice day. :cool:

20190517_160637.jpg 20190520_135000.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR