JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone still have one?
mine is ugly, heavy, hard to find parts for. dump or keep
p90 45acp.
I've got a stainless P85. It's got a few tool marks here and there, plus the trigger has about of week of travel in it. However, it will spit out whatever you feed it. I've thought about getting rid of it several times, but it was the first pistol I ever bought for myself so I haven't been able to bring myself to part with it.

That's a terrible gun, and you should just get rid of it by giving it to me.

Just kidding, of course. I've owned a couple of them, and they were fine, well-built shooters.

Highly underated guns IMO. Everyone loves to hate them but they run well. Believe it or not the P90 is also known for excellent [Sig P220ish] accuracy for a DA 45acp. Story is that Bill Ruger colaborated with a well known barrel maker [Barsto IIRC] on the barrel design for the P90. The result was a very accurate pistol even with the craptastic factory sights and trigger. If you plan on keeping the P90 I'd recommend finding a magazine latch and spring or two. They seem to be the weakest link in the design. Good luck!

Last Edited:
My 1st pistol is a P89. Still have it. Built to last, accurate, simple. A real game changer with the aluminum frame at the time when all-steel was the norm.

Fast forward to now, it is too bulky, too heavy, and not enough plastic to make it fantastic. Still like mine though. Way better at pistol whipping wussy, whiny antiftards or whatever is burning either crosses or dumpsters in the old neighborhood than some fancy fanny-packing Glock blocker. Who knows? Once they pass the new carry bill in MT, I might rock it around town so I can be that retro-cool hipster. It's two-tone!

I like them. I Wsih I had all three.
P89DC (have)
P91DC (.40, need)
P90DC (.45, need)

Had some and still have a couple. They have never failed. Once I took every different factory round I could find plus a variety of handloads and randomly
stacked them in mags. The old P90 blew every one out seemingly forever. Nary an screw up. They are a bit heavy, probably why they're not
plastic. And they are a bit like an ugly girl, willing to get after it. I love 'em. And yeah Dyjital, I prefer de-cockers too.

My first pistol was a P90. A few years later traded it for a Glock 19. I don't regret the trade, only regret the fact it was my first and would love to have that "one" back. It's a beast, heavy but well made and reliable. I don't like the newer Ruger's but the P-series was pretty good. Got a lot of time behind P89's and 94's too.

My 1st pistol is a P89. Still have it. Built to last, accurate, simple. A real game changer with the aluminum frame at the time when all-steel was the norm.

The Ruger P-series began life in 1985, by then all sort of pistols were using aluminum frames. Sig P-series, S&W39/59 and Beretta (too name a few) all used aluminum and predate the Ruger. Hell Colt made their LW Commander in the '50's. Just sayin'. :s0092:

My first handgun was a P89 stainless. Heavy boat anchor that can be used to drive gutter nails. But reliable and accurate. I put about 12k through mine before I sold it. I probably kept it way longer than I should have but hey, it was my first. :)

First pistol was a 9mm P89 bought new in 1992 and still have it. Love shooting it and NEVER a malfunction after thousands of rounds. Accuracy? Does what I need it to do out to 10-15 yards. May not be long distance, but I generally don't shoot pistol beyond that.

Second pistol was a .45 P95 bought new in 1996 and still have it. It is still brand new as I put 10 rounds through it and have not shot it since. Nothing against it, I just prefer the capacity and price of 9mm over .45.

I will likely never get rid of them, but will pass them to my boys. I often wonder about getting a new 9mm, but am not fond of plastic or striker fire. Yes, there are plenty out there that are not this. Full size, lighter, more accurate, 15-18 round mags, decent price? Educate me (another thread please).

P93 DAO, Police Model
It's a great home protection gun.

PfQsZO5.jpg

For purposes where weight, size, or a light target trigger are not essential the P90 is a great gun. It doesn't need to be the latest technology to serve excellently within its intended role. If it serves the function you need it to perform then keep it proudly. Don't chase the fashion trends.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top