JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Beta Alp:

349e9n4.jpg

Had it for 5 years, I have not ridden it yet.:oops:

Street legal two stroke. Has a removable seat (see it leaning up against the front wheel?).

My Husaberg:

husabergleftsmall-jpg.jpg

I've ridden this a bit, but not since I moved down here. I really like it.

Maybe even I get on an even keel with my property work this year I may get them both fired up and get to riding again, if I can get my left hip to cooperate (it is painful to bend over or lift my left leg much of the time).

Wow! Wish I was 25 again. Oh well. Do they make big gas tanks for that ring ding? I bet they do. Don't forget the 2 stroke oil. Heck ... I got BRAND NEW Guns still "NIB" eight, (8) years old. New in the box. Taken out and fondled, then put back into the safe. Never fired. In your case never ridden.

I need to think about my NIB guns. Perhaps need to downsize. NEVER!!! :)

You can always paint that front fender white. You can also paint the entire machine some cool camo. But then you run the risk of shutting down, dismounting to empty your bladder, turning around and not being able to find your machine. Disheartening. :)

Last Edited:
Wow! Wish I was 25 again. Oh well. Do they make big gas tanks for that ring ding? I bet they do. Don't forget the 2 stroke oil. Heck ... I got BRAND NEW Guns still "NIB" eight, (8) years old. New in the box. Taken out and fondled, then put back into the safe. Never fired. In your case never ridden.

I need to think about my NIB guns. Perhaps need to downsize. NEVER!!! :)

You can always paint that front fender white

I don't think I can get a bigger tank for the Beta, but the Husaberg already has a second tank under the seat and I can get a bigger main tank with an aux. that goes around it, and aux. tanks that go where the side plates are, for a total of 8+ gallons. That would be about 150 to 200 miles off-road if you are careful, and 250 miles on pavement if you take it easy.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.americandirtbike.com%2FATKStr1.gif

I converted my 92 ATK 350 E.S. to a 604 thumper and added an aftermarket over size fuel tank and duel sport tires for a true multi use bike that is light and nimble and gets about 55 mph. I also added the duel super trapp mufflers that are tuneable and they make this bike nearly silent when you keep the revs down, perfect for sneaking around. total bike weight is 245 pounds wet, and is really easy to lay down and drag under things or lift over other things, and then boogie before any one is the wiser!

View attachment 383127

I converted my 92 ATK 350 E.S. to a 604 thumper and added an aftermarket over size fuel tank and duel sport tires for a true multi use bike that is light and nimble and gets about 55 mph. I also added the duel super trapp mufflers that are tuneable and they make this bike nearly silent when you keep the revs down, perfect for sneaking around. total bike weight is 245 pounds wet, and is really easy to lay down and drag under things or lift over other things, and then boogie before any one is the wiser!
Love those Rotax mills!

Love those Rotax mills!
Arguable the best bike ever made, and AMERICAN made too. the Rotax engines are with out doubt the very best bike engines ever, and the power is unbelievable. The original 350 size was fast as hell but peaky, the 604 conversion kept the top end power and killer speed, while adding a super strong bottom end that makes this bike really awesome!

I have two 4x4s and an AWD commuter car, but I learned over the years that they are expensive to maintain when you take them off-road, not to mention make them more capable - so I switched to dirt bikes.

Problem is I am having problems with my back which makes it hard to ride. Once I get some property work done I am going to try riding again, but I may wind up selling them. Otherwise, if a person is able, my recommendation is a dirt bike for exploring.
You also have to consider the gas situation at the time do you have enough and will you be able to get some more I'm thinking if it's really bad everyone will be on foot so how much can you carry on your back and remember with every year you get older your pack will have to get lighter just saying when I was twenty five I could haul 100 lbs no problem but now I'm late forties I'll be lucky to haul 50+lbs for mile 's

Arguable the best bike ever made, and AMERICAN made too. the Rotax engines are with out doubt the very best bike engines ever, and the power is unbelievable. The original 350 size was fast as hell but peaky, the 604 conversion kept the top end power and killer speed, while adding a super strong bottom end that makes this bike really awesome!
I've heard of guys getting like 110hp out of old 650's.. crazy.

Circa 1982~ish I had a pair of Honda TL trials bikes, in 125 & 250.
A business acquaintance had bought them new for him & son when they first came out. The son grew up & moved away, the dad didn't like riding, so he made me a deal I literally was unable to turn down.
Bought the pair for less than what either would cost at the bike shop.

It was a pleasure trying to learn the slow riding style. I much preferred the 125.

I had it dyno tuned after getting it broken in, and it cranked out 92 HP at the rear wheel, and was smoking the tire during the pulls! That's more HP then a Harley Sportster or a Triumph Bonny!!!

Sorry for the thread drift!
Yep, that's just nuts! They're death machines and the perfect bike rolled into one.

Circa 1982~ish I had a pair of Honda TL trials bikes, in 125 & 250.
A business acquaintance had bought them new for him & son when they first came out. The son grew up & moved away, the dad didn't like riding, so he made me a deal I literally was unable to turn down.
Bought the pair for less than what either would cost at the bike shop.

It was a pleasure trying to learn the slow riding style. I much preferred the 125.
Nice!
Are they as equivalently heavy as all the old Honda street bikes? The sidetrack in this thread is equally educational....

My Husaberg 570 makes 52 HP, which is okay on pavement, but once off-road I flip the switch which adjusts the ignition and fuel injection to 'soft mode' to make the bike more tractable, and still it produces too much power for technical trails if you are not careful. I have flipped it a number of times. It has a Rekluse auto clutch so it is almost impossible to stall and will just keep climbing until it looses traction or lifts the front wheel and flips.

I don't feel that an off-road bike used for technical trail riding needs more than 30 to 40 HP, what it needs is lightweight, balance, suspension and traction.

Now a snow bike - that sucks up the HP, and I would mod my Hussy to produce 60 to 70 HP for that purpose (easily done with some tweaks).

If I ever get back in the saddle, I am seriously considering getting a snowbike conversion.

If I felt I need more power I would go two stroke, but keep it tractable. Again, if I can get back in the saddle, I am considering what I consider the ultimate off-road motorcycle (short of an electric bike that could be recharged quickly and easily); the Christini 2WD 300 cc two stroke:

2016-AWD300-Web.jpg

It makes about the same power as my 570 but is a bit lighter and is 2 wheel drive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top