JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 92 in 45colt.Then the local store got a stainless in 454 casull.
Hmm,should I or shouldn't I? I like my octagon blue gun better.

So,can this gun be re-chambered for 454 casull? This gun is built heavier than the stainless one at the store

Thanks for looking
Mike

I have a Rossi 92 in 454 and a Marlin in 45, and unless you have a really good reason to rechamber why do it (even IF the alloy on your current gun can handle it)? I bought the Rossi w/thoughts of using it flying into the bush in Alaska

My 45 is a dream to shoot, while the Rossi (even w/recoil pad) is VERY unplesent. What the 454 does do is put 300 grains down range at around 2000 fps. As a point of referance my 6" 454 revolver is much morefun to shoot.

the reason MJBskiwim was wanting to do it, was like he said, I loves the Octagonal barrel of his 45 Colt but the 454 only comes in round barrel. and he was thinking to re-chamber the 45 colt to 454 to have a 454 in an Octagonal barrel.. i believe that was his only real reason.. would be kinda cool if it would work.

Mainly just to have the option of shooting 454 if I feel the need.I can still shoot the 45colt in it too. I've been told you can hand load the 45 past 44mag ballistics,since the case is a smidge bigger,but who knows,I may need that bad a$$ casull to knock down a bigger bear.
I wouldn't think the 454 would be that much worse with a lever gun.Is yours a guide model,16" barrel?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top