JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a 92 in 45colt.Then the local store got a stainless in 454 casull.
Hmm,should I or shouldn't I? I like my octagon blue gun better.

So,can this gun be re-chambered for 454 casull? This gun is built heavier than the stainless one at the store

Thanks for looking
Mike

I have a Rossi 92 in 454 and a Marlin in 45, and unless you have a really good reason to rechamber why do it (even IF the alloy on your current gun can handle it)? I bought the Rossi w/thoughts of using it flying into the bush in Alaska

My 45 is a dream to shoot, while the Rossi (even w/recoil pad) is VERY unplesent. What the 454 does do is put 300 grains down range at around 2000 fps. As a point of referance my 6" 454 revolver is much morefun to shoot.

the reason MJBskiwim was wanting to do it, was like he said, I loves the Octagonal barrel of his 45 Colt but the 454 only comes in round barrel. and he was thinking to re-chamber the 45 colt to 454 to have a 454 in an Octagonal barrel.. i believe that was his only real reason.. would be kinda cool if it would work.

Mainly just to have the option of shooting 454 if I feel the need.I can still shoot the 45colt in it too. I've been told you can hand load the 45 past 44mag ballistics,since the case is a smidge bigger,but who knows,I may need that bad a$$ casull to knock down a bigger bear.
I wouldn't think the 454 would be that much worse with a lever gun.Is yours a guide model,16" barrel?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top