JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why? Is no one buying these barrels? People think poor quality doesn't sell, forgetting how incredibly popular Taurus and Sig are.
are we talking about "tight" barrels that dont run all ammo reliably? Otherwise you lost me...

Theres plenty of examples of buisness models from even professional marketing and manufacturing people whove gone out of business. If someones letting their reamers wear out that affects the product just to save some money then thats on them. That doesnt mean consumers pick up on this right away though, true.

Dull reamers usually start making butt ugly chambers before the size changes, a quick ticket to chatter town.
I'm betting we (the customer) have done it to our selves by demanding tight fits and complaining that things are half worn out new. That's a 230gn right to the foot.
The brass needs to expand the correct amount, too tight will flow it right out the front. Proper neck expansion does make accuracy. Again with the old. Fat. Slow. Function is key. More misses for shooter malfunctions then tolerances.

My problem is more fixing these stupid parts. With hardened parts it's complex, you need to grind it . I think my LW G21 I said F-IT and flap sticked it with care. Yes I lost the nitride but damn it started running again.

And running "again" is what baffles me. I guess it's right on SAAMI min and over time the nitride fuzzed up making it sticky.
Throat dims are a separate gripe , SAAMI is extremely small , almost nil. Made to shoot 230gn round nose JHP only. But I'd need to make a .452 carbide throat reamer and pray it didn't chip. $400 tool to fix a $100-200 barrel.
But working is working I suppose.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top