JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here own one or shoot one, and if so what kind of accuracy are you guys getting? And any issues i should know about besides using light ball,, and where the heck can i get some tritium?

Accuracy is excellent on the older ones, but the new imports have been getting bad reviews. They are made from reworked, used military kits. Don't waste your time trying to replace the tritium. It's not really possible. It can be done, but it is by far not worth the time and effort.

Nathan

I got one last year. It had a pitted chamber so i returned it for another. The second would fire twice with each pull of the trigger so i returned that one. My third works fine, but the accuracy is nothing to get excited over. I was getting 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Someone over on the forum "The AK Files" said the accuracy could be improved by sanding off any wood that touches the barrel. I did this and my groups went to about 7 inches. So i added shims where the wood was and i'm down to about 5 inch groups. As soon as the barrel heats up, the bullets go all over the place. A fun gun to shoot, but mine just doesn't shoot well. I can do much better with iron sights.

Keep in mind, these ARE NOT the same quality as the military issued PSLs. Up until a few years ago, all of the PSLs in the US were either brand new from the factory, or US kit builds on brand new parts and kits. All of the rifles from the last few years are built in Romania on USED, REWORKED parts kits. Translation...all of the "new" PSLs are Romanian military REJECTS. Real military PSLs will maintain MOA out to about 300 meters.

Nathan

I got one last year. It had a pitted chamber so i returned it for another. The second would fire twice with each pull of the trigger so i returned that one. My third works fine, but the accuracy is nothing to get excited over. I was getting 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Someone over on the forum "The AK Files" said the accuracy could be improved by sanding off any wood that touches the barrel. I did this and my groups went to about 7 inches. So i added shims where the wood was and i'm down to about 5 inch groups. As soon as the barrel heats up, the bullets go all over the place. A fun gun to shoot, but mine just doesn't shoot well. I can do much better with iron sights.

I've got one I purchased from Classic Arms, going back and forth on if it was a good buy or not.

Mine would full-auto on a trigger pull, so put an RSA trigger kit in it. Smoother and safer now.

For those having accuracy problems, triple check that scope mount. Even when it feels 'locked' in place mine would still move around. Three touching shots at 100 yards, then the next three would be touching, just 8 inches to the right :)

Right now I'm trying to get a POSP scope mounted on it, but the way the rail is setup, the normal SVD mount won't hold (loose like the stock scope had been). I'm modifying the rail mount from the stock one with the POSP, and we'll see this weekend how that holds up at the range.

So far don't regret getting it, its just been a bit of work that for the price I wasn't expecting to have to do. She's still a looker either way though!

On a side note if you like to reload, its very abusive on the brass. Not only does it ding them while ejecting, it chucks them about twenty feet to the right! I always go to the right side of the range to avoid pelting half the line when I'm shooting ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top