JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from hunting outside of Prineville with my 21year old daughter.

Check out these Rocky boots I got her a few seasons ago. This happened suddenly the first morning out. Needless to say we had to make a run into town for new Georgia boots. These don't have that much time on them. It's like the rubber/plastic decomposed!

48bdc011ef10a50bcba14234f84c07c3_zpsbea68252.jpg

67c783043ef8e078b81571b6d39648eb_zps1400c02b.jpg

If you get a chance, check out Keen boots the next time you're shopping for a pair. I picked some up last winter and they are the best boots I've ever had. You have to like the look, but man, are they comfy.

That totally sucks. Are those kinda like a pac boot? I need some pac boots. I know I should probably get some Sorrels but have been pretty happy with felt booty crappy knock-offs over the years.
I have some Rocky boots, some new in the box, for like 25 years.. all leather save the sole proper.. kinda a cross between a combat boot and wrestling shoes/boots (they are padded from the ankle up). fair for just dicking around

I had a pair of rocky boots several yrs ago. Was told they were''waterproof''. Used them for spring turkey hunting. Walked though some tall dewy grass, around 11 in the morning. Getting more and more mad as i walked. When i got home I actually wrung water out of my socks. Lots of water. ;]

I had a pair of rocky boots several yrs ago. Was told they were''waterproof''. Used them for spring turkey hunting. Walked though some tall dewy grass, around 11 in the morning. Getting more and more mad as i walked. When i got home I actually wrung water out of my socks. Lots of water. ;]

I wore a pair of those in the snow on an elk hunt in 1990s....then we had more snow but it warmed up a few degrees and my water proof boots soon got water logged.... damn near got frost bite. Have never and will never compromise on boots again.

Brutus Out

I had the same experience with some Browning boots. I took them back to Coastal and got some Wolverines for just a bit more. I recently also bought a pair of Danners. No issues with either the Wolverines or the Danners. I do a lot of walking in the lava flows while deer hunting. That's really hard on boots.

I have so e wolverines that are just above ankle, steel toe, insulated a bit and Water proof. Use th as a lighter work boot and probably my bug out boot. I have had them a couple of years and the work on the motorcycle and when I was standing up working. If I bug out with a vehicle I wear these and throw my Georgia loggers in as well.

Brutus out

I had 2 pair of Rockys that did the same thing. I thought the first ones were exposed to solvent at work, but it happened to my hunting boots as well. Never again! I liked the hunting ones a lot but they just fell apart one day. I was leaving chunks as I walked. Think maybe UV got to them.

Same here. I walk right out my front door to hunt (used too), By the time I got to the end of my driveway my feet were honestly sopping wet. I was so bummed.
I went to Schnee's boots now and wont look back.

I have owned a similar pair of North Face boots for several years. Walking along Friday morning, I heard a strange sound. it was my boots! The upper had separated from the lower. The lower broke at the stitch line where upper and lower are sewed together. The other boot had the same problem, but not as bad. These too, were supposed to be waterproof, but never seemed to be true to the statement.

I have a pair of USA made Danner Rainforest. Kinda heavy, took FOREVER to break in, but I really like them. Waterproof and solid. I doubt I'll ever regret the purchase price. I also bought a much warmer pair of Red Wing Irish Setter boots. Like the Danners, all leather, but lighter. So far, so good. But I really would have liked to buy a USA boot, not a China boot...:(

crappyboots_zps66ed945c.jpg

I have so e wolverines that are just above ankle, steel toe, insulated a bit and Water proof. Use th as a lighter work boot and probably my bug out boot. I have had them a couple of years and the work on the motorcycle and when I was standing up working. If I bug out with a vehicle I wear these and throw my Georgia loggers in as well.

Brutus out

I used to buy Wolverines. When they were "assembled" in the USA, I would get years out of them, wearing them daily. Once the tag changed to show they were made elsewhere, that changed. To go from 3 or so years of life to 6 months? Nope, not goin down that road again... I found some Wolverines that I really liked before I bought the Red wings mentioned above. But, then I remembered how unhappy I was with the last set and decided against that.

Brutus, the set that took a crap on me sound like the ones you describe. I certainly hope you're getting better life out of them than I did. I really liked them before they died.

Had a pair of Rocky Bearclaws, wore them once and the soles fell off. Not kidding. Will never buy Rocky brand again. Paid $189 and the company said they couldn't replace them because too many people were experiencing the same problem and would also want replacements. Never again.

So after this debacle, my daughter and I made a trip down to Prineville and bought her a pair of Georgia Giants for $130. Being where we were the choices were very limited.

I second the Danner believers. About 5-6 years back I bought Cabelas edition, 9" Danner elk hunters.

They were a bit on the narrow side for my paddles but Danner stretched them for free. Took a while to break in but now they fit fine. So worth the $250 (then).

These will probably be the last hunting boots I buy.

I used to buy Wolverines. When they were "assembled" in the USA, I would get years out of them, wearing them daily. Once the tag changed to show they were made elsewhere, that changed. To go from 3 or so years of life to 6 months? Nope, not goin down that road again... I found some Wolverines that I really liked before I bought the Red wings mentioned above. But, then I remembered how unhappy I was with the last set and decided against that.

Brutus, the set that took a crap on me sound like the ones you describe. I certainly hope you're getting better life out of them than I did. I really liked them before they died.

So far I have gotten three good years out of them. When I was working in historic railroad car restoration I wore them 4 or 5 days a week, then 1 or two days a week for a year and now back to 4 days a week. They have some scuffs but seem to be holding up well. I had my original set of flight boots resoled with vibram for 80.00 a couple of years ago. The kevlar ankle reinforcement is breaking down a bit so I have to put them on carefully but they are a good medium weight, non water proof boot. They too get tossed in the BO vehicle. I am fortunate I wear a 12D so if SHTF hits the fan long term and I survive could be some great bargains laying around in footwear.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top