JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny....... you do realize that is PlayboyPenguin a member here, dont you?

PS: Dont let him near your ice maker....

I'm not sure I should admit that two of my carry guns are revolvers

a Blued Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in whimpy .44spl and a Stainless Charter Arms Undercover in even whimpier .38spl.

ONLY 5 shots before I have to reload. Not sure I should let anyone know.

I like revolvers but I don't like the capacity. I'm sorry but I'm very turned on by "high capacity" and that is why I'm a big fan of Glocks. I don't buy into that BS of "if I can't get the job done by X amount of rounds, I'm in trouble".

Last Edited:
I like revolvers but I don't like the capacity. I'm sorry but I'm am very turned on my "high capacity" and that is why I'm a big fan of Glocks. I don't buy into that BS of "if I can't get the job done by X amount of rounds, I'm in trouble
NO BS, fact, of course in your case of high round count you will likely be in trouble faster as you blast away and forget about shoot placement.

That's another problem with revolvers -- shot placement. How can I update my FB page while the bad guy is bearing down on me if I also have to think about where I'm shooting? Wait, don't answer that. Just got a txt from my bff. Gotta go.

I like revolvers but I don't like the capacity. I'm sorry but I'm am very turned on my "high capacity" and that is why I'm a big fan of Glocks. I don't buy into that BS of "if I can't get the job done by X amount of rounds, I'm in trouble".

I agree. That BS seems yet another justification for low round capacity. 6-8 rounds might do the job for 1 assailant, but what if you were attacked by 2-3? Shooting skill level is all fine and good against paper targets, totally different ball park when someone else is shooting. Sometimes suppression is important. Sometimes you need more than 2 rounds to get on target..

NO BS, fact, of course in your case of high round count you will likely be in trouble faster as you blast away and forget about shoot placement.

Buddy.... Just because I have higher capacity, doesn't mean I am just gonna shoot till I run out of ammo. If I am asked by a judge why I shot 16 rounds, I'm not gonna say because I ran out of ammo..... but because there were multiple attackers. I personally think It's a tactical disadvantage to have Low capacity options. I don't see anything wrong with a Glock 19 and two 33 round mags for backup when appropriate. why do you think cops don't carry revolvers? You can do whatever makes you feel comfy but as for me, I'm gonna carry "high capacity".

I've deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and i'll tell you something every combat Veteran will tell you. Hitting a moving target that is returning fire is not as easy as it is in the movies. It befuddles me that people actually think they can Dirty Harry 6 shots on 6 opponents with pinpoint accuracy while being shot at. Combat Veterans will tell you that it takes a lot of rounds to get on target to an enemy. Over 80 percent of your shots are just to pin or suppress your target in a confined area. This is where higher magazine capacity comes into play. Just with Adrenaline alone your shot placement is going to go to bubblegum, not to mention fear. People that puff up their chests and say otherwise are just lying through their teeth. If someone is going through the process to break into my home, i'm going to put a hail of bullets on target. If youtube has taught me anything, Robbers run the first sound of gunshots. How about 33 rounds from a high cap glock mag?

When it comes to Pistol drills in a self defensive measure in a CCW weapon, i'll agree that if that highly unlikely scenario were to happen in daily grind of life, ammo capacity hardly matters. But to make the statement that having extra rounds decreases accuracy is outlandish.

Being the internet commando that I am. As long as I have power and a keyboard I am ten foot tall and bullet proof. I am a tack driver with everything that I touch. I make small turtles hide in there shells and grown men wet themselves. Well actually it has only been one grown man and I couldn't get the bathroom in time. Mom washed everything and I am back. Now who is it that needs my expert advise?
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews